PNW Guys LookING FOR MY OLD 65 CYCLONE

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
porkshop

PNW Guys LookING FOR MY OLD 65 CYCLONE

Post by porkshop »

I Know its a longshot... 65 factory black 4 speed. sold it to a guy in Des moines Washington on Pacific highway named Don, he had alot of old cars, this was about 1984/85. the engine had no heads or intake, and the short block was bad. The car had bench seat with rust colered crushed velvet and black vinal tuck and roll interior.had aluminum five spokes.centers painted gold. I have some old pics but need to scan them to post. Mainly wondering if the cars still around. And what became of it. Last seen in Federal way, Washington. on the side of a house. cant remember the street. Id like to have it back but We will see if it shows up....THANKS JOHN

b.guggenmos

Re: PNW Guys LookING FOR MY OLD 65 CYCLONE

Post by b.guggenmos »

I am in Olympia which is south of Des Moines and Federal Way. If I see a Comet like yours I will pass it on to you. Good luck. Brian
1965 Comet Cyclone Drag Car Aquamarine, 351C, 4 speed, 5:14, ladder bars, 10.50@129mph
1965 Falcon Tube Chassis Drag Car, 347, Jerico, 4 Link 9.?
1970 Boss 302 Yellow, Deluxe Interior, Shaker, Slats, 4:30 Drag Pac
1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

YOUR so correct,,,,thats a heck of a long shot :!: but ,you never know,this site is a good way to start ,,so the best of luck to you ,sir :!: :!: 8) pop :shock: :roll:
pop/glenda

porkshop

Post by porkshop »

Thanks guys, next time Im up there, Im going to house I last seen it and see if they know anything....JOHN

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

John, You never know. I just reunited the original owner of one of my 63 S-22's with his car a few months ago. He was looking for a long time, and i saw one of his son's posts on Craigslist. One thing led to another and we met. I decided to sell him his car back after he had not seen it in 37 years. It was quite an experience to say the least. I really miss it, but it was his. I had to do it. It was very humbling. Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

comethead

Post by comethead »

383MERC wrote:John, You never know. I just reunited the original owner of one of my 63 S-22's with his car a few months ago. He was looking for a long time, and i saw one of his son's posts on Craigslist. One thing led to another and we met. I decided to sell him his car back after he had not seen it in 37 years. It was quite an experience to say the least. I really miss it, but it was his. I had to do it. It was very humbling. Mark
Wow!! Thats awesome of you!
Thats gotta get you a few good karma points :D

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

porkshop

Post by porkshop »

Last license plate BYZ 986... still trying to find time to scan poleroid photos...JOHN

porkshop

Post by porkshop »

just bumping up

porkshop

Post by porkshop »

Going up salmon and comet fishing this weekend... wish me luck

tiffanyblu65

Post by tiffanyblu65 »

Re ur cyclone.Is this john aganoy.If so this is james burgett we went to high school together.I have pictures of ur car in the back parking lot at decatur high school.Iam restoring a 65 caliente 2dr hdtp.

porkshop

Post by porkshop »

tiffanyblu65 wrote:Re ur cyclone.Is this john aganoy.If so this is james burgett we went to high school together.I have pictures of ur car in the back parking lot at decatur high school.Iam restoring a 65 caliente 2dr hdtp.
James it is Me, I go by the last name of Hayes now. Its the one I was born with. Small world. Wish I had never sold that car...Do you still have all your mustangs...

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Wow, cool you guys connected on this site. Any chance we can all see the high school parking lot pictures of your old Cyclone?
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

tiffanyblu65

Post by tiffanyblu65 »

Hi john.no more mustangs.I can help u look for your comet.I still live in federal way just down the street from decatur.give me as much info as u can.lets see what happens.keep in touch.

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

This is crazy. You guys have me thinkin about my 62 build that I sold 20 years ago; stop this because I don't have room for another classic. Frankly, ya'll got me goin last week and I think my old 62 is still owned by the same guy i sold it to. I've put the feelers out. You guys *&^%$#@

LR
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

porkshop

Post by porkshop »

Just bumping this back up...JOHN