Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
poboyjo65

Re: Track Report

Post by poboyjo65 »

Congrats Chief! :P
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

Someone sent me these pics the other day, from a couple weekends ago off of Facebook since i'm not on it.
Attachments
plaque.jpg
plaque.jpg (102.59 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
final round.jpg
final round.jpg (227.84 KiB) Viewed 1826 times

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Congrats, Loman!! 8) 8)

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

super,way to go !!!pop
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

loman wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:06 pm
Someone sent me these pics the other day, from a couple weekends ago off of Facebook since i'm not on it.
Big time deja vu for me and that second pic, Loman. :shock:
My '65 Cyclone was close to the same color as yours' under those lights. When it was my daily driver, I was building a BB Wimbledon White '66 Fairlane hardtop next to her in the driveway. That was just over 30 years ago. Didn't have Cobra Jet hood scoop but had a pair of heads for the BB. Ran into the racer I sold them to Saturday morning at the run.

Thanks for the memories

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Beauty! The final round pic should be s poster,,, BIG one!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

loman

Post by loman »

Went to the local 1/8 mile track and took the blue car last Saturday. Made it down to the final 3 cars. The other 2 that were left were 2 very good experienced racers that I was lucky enough to beat earlier in the 1st and 3rd rounds. Unfortunately, I didn't get the bye run into the finals and I ended up breaking out. I had the bye run the round before and ran a 7.709. That is the fastest the dual carbs have ran so far. So I dialed a 7.70. I figured if I was ahead I could either whack the throttle once or let off the gas if way ahead and it should run a 7.71. Once I realized how far ahead I was and that there was no way he was going to catch me I let off the gas way earlier than i had anticipated. I took 6 mph off my speed and coasted across the finish line figuring I had won, but his win light came on. I was pi$$ed. Got the time slip and it said 7.692. If I wouldn't have let off the gas and ran it out, it probably would have been a 7.67.

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

That's pretty darn tight racing, but I can relate. But your still having fun :D
tom
tomb's 65

loman

Post by loman »

Went to Cordova this past weekend. Made it to the final 5 and then had to race my buddy. He put me in my place, it was a double breakout. He owed me one because I was lucky enough to come out on top the other week against him. The car was incosistent but it was so hot and humid on Friday then on Saturday the RH dropped but the temp was still up and most cars picked up quite a bit so there was a lot of breakouts. I had the bye run in round 2. The best it had run over the weekend to that point was a 12.48 but the bye run it went a 12.33. Not good on a 12.50 index. Oh well, it was a good weekend and the car went back on the trailer under its own power. That's a win in my book.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

always good they start and drive on the trailer,,altho we never load one that way,,,,,we have a winch on both trlrs,,,we always looking after that clutch !!! sounds like your getting those carbs dialed in ,,,OL POP keeps up with your posts,,,may not say anything but I read it everytime,,,,we are still waiting on the stall and reverse shifter to be shipped for RUSTY,,,as we are going AT and takeing the 4spd out......right now we are keeping busy going back to dirt track.....we have not came in 1st,,,but DWAYNE and CORY TAKE TURNS COMING IN 2nd and 3rd every week,,,,again I don't get on here and post much anymore,,,be glad when the BROWN TRUCK shows up !!!!! with some parts ,,,trans showed up a month or so ago...........glad no one's life is depending on this stuff,,,,,thanks and keep up the good work ,,,best of luck......maybe some day the good LORD will line us up together at the same TREE...pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL,today the brown truck brought the stall verter but no reverse valve body shifter,,,we have one more dirt race ,,then those cars go back to storage,,,,then work starts on Rusty,..we hope to get in a few trips down the track soon, mean while life goes on !!! ....it'll all come to a head sooner or later !!!.....pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Pop, that dirt will be in your blood forever :lol:

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:59 am
Pop, that dirt will be in your blood forever :lol:
YEA ! it's muddy blue.....dangest stuff you ever saw !!! :shock: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Sounds like ya'll are having a high-heeled time, Pop :D
Here's hoping the shifter shows up Monday morning :wink:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

loman

Post by loman »

I'm participating in a couple different NSS series at the closer to home events becasue of my back and fuel prices. I've only been out 2x this year so far. I went to race a couple weeks ago at track and low and behold I'm no longer the only Comet. There was another 65 and a 64. There was a video of the last round of qualifying and 1st rd of eliminations. The really liked the 64 and the other 65 ended up winning the event. I red lighted in the 2nd round.

https://www.truenostalgiasuperstockseri ... highlights