Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

Re: Track Report

Post by popscomet »

REALY WE DID WIN !!!!!! no one got hurt did not hurt the car,,,plus he got paid start money...….we didn't take the checker...but we won !!! plus it was pop Dwayne and grd son CORY together,,,,,if we get to race next sat night,,we'll have the grt grd son,CHASE WITH US,,,4 generations,,,,that's a win all on it's own.....pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

We have only been to the track 4 times this year so far. The first 3 were with the 390 car and we won a couple of rounds but not much more than that. The last time we took the black car and I managed to make it to the semi finals. It was kind of weird driving it after driving the 390 car the rest of the year. You wouldn;t think a second faster is that a big deal, but a lot can happen in that extra second. :)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

A dad gum second is a lot of distance on a race track.....just watch NASCAR !!!! good deal !! pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Took the 390 car out this weekend. We got lucky and won the first 2 rounds, then karma hit us in 3rd round and we were done. Car was very inconsistent as was the driver.

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

What were your elapsed times with the 390 car LOMAN? Andy

loman

Post by loman »

Andy, the times ranged from 7.54 to 7.61 at 90 and 91 mph.

loman

Post by loman »

Took the 390 car out last night. I think I am finally figuring out how to make this combo work as for reaction time and getting off the line. I had several good reactions times and even got pulled for the bye for the .006 rt but didn't get to use it. I made it to the semi finals.I had the guy beat on the starting line but didn't use enough brakes on the top end. It was a double breakout. But the car made its fastest pass so far with 390. It went 7.40.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Had to go find a 1/8 to 1/4 mile chart,, cant relate to the short track numbers.
Looks like about 11.50s,, thats startin to HAUL A!!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Way to go Loman! Thats darn impressive for your so called SLOW car. Keep it up,especially your reaction times. Cars running great,drivers driving great,time to works on the brakes.LOL Andy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

tonight was the very 1st time OL RUSTY WAS on a track,,,it ran 8.30 in the 1/8th,,,mid 10's in the 1000ft....no to sahabby for it's maiden voyage,,,we know where to start fine tuneing it,,and the shifter needs replaceing,,,so we got a few things to do to it,,,the old car was a big hit ,even the track owner was pleased with it,,,,all was beside themselves when they found how many yr we've had it and have worked on it...and when they found out it was a retired dirt track motor from about 12 yrs ago...we felt good about the rusty ride.....the car is capable of much faster times,,,we just got to bring it out of it....pop
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Congrats Pop!
Special time when it starts coming together after such a long wait.
Cool to see ya getting it up and running, doin' the shakedown 8) :D

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

gonna keep rusty home this sat,threatening rain,,,ain't worth the trip to get rained out,,,,maybe next sat,,,and the track announced last week that next sat will be their last for awhile,,,,gonna take some time off for a short while could be after the 1st,,,,,but that's ok with us....got other things to mess with besides OL RUSTY,,,,need to replace heater core in my comet ,get my bronco back up on it's feet and son's bronco and get the body and windshield on the cobra....so we won't be idle much.......pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

I was in Eddyville Ia this weekend racing and was lucky enough to put my dual carb car in the winner's circle in Victory Nostalgia super stock. The cool thing about it was it was an all Ford Final. The only bad thing in the race was that I had to race my buddy in the 2nd round. He is the one that has been helping me get things lined out with the carbs. Also, the carbs on my car are his. It's mostly mopars that race in this group and several people said they don't ever remember an all Ford Final. I had some racing luck but I'll take it. The Victory Nostalgia Super Stock people I have met are a great group of people. If anyone here in the midwest or anywhere else is thinking about Nostalgia racing, I would strongly recommend them to consider this group or go check one of there races out. The next race is in August at Cordova at the World Series of Racing event, Aug 27 & 28.

Side note, Scott Palmer was there with his Top Fuel dragster. Set track record with a 3.21 @ 265 mph. Holy crap! :shock:

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Congratulations on the Big Hit!

Need to buy your buddy a beer :wink:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Congratulations, Loman! Don't worry about your buddy. His carbs, and he helped you tune it? Sounds like he has bragging rights, too. 8)

Jim