Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

Re: Track Report

Post by popscomet »

POP will keep those in mind if I ever need to replace them,,,I bought it used many yrs ago from an AIR FORCE DINK,,IT has a 2in lift with a winch and top..it was taken care ofreally well,and OL pop has also taken care of it,,,,,the only thing I have a problem is keeping it bright shinny RED,,,it keeps on fadeing…...and the alumn whls won't stay pretty and bright.and that bothers me to no end,,,,it is a 450 carburated,,,starts and runs perfect,,,several guys at deer camp want it cause of the shape and how I treat it....thank you ,STACEY...……..pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

me and DWAYNE went to the track,,,,he nor his car has been on the track in 2 or so years,,,,,boy was it hot til the sunset,,,anyway,,we did nothing to son car other then fresh gas,,been out back of shop on 4 flats,,,,we just aired them up,took along a set of new spark plugs just in case it had a miss,,ain't touched the carb,,,,,throwed a charge on the old battery...that sucker ran like a top,,,,DWAYNE won heat race then won the feature race for all the marbles,,,,,we were happy as 2 meadow larks,,,,,and we never had to put those fresh spark plugs in,,,,,thanks,,,pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Congratulations to Dwayne and his crew chief! :D Sounds like the car was happy to get some love, too. Kinda like your dog when you come home from being gone off for a while. :lol:

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thanks,JIM...WHEN Dwayne took it thru tech after the race,,tech man looked under it ,,he made a comment about grass and vines still clinging to the underside,,Dwayne said at 2 am this morning me and POP decided to come out here and race tonight,so there wasn't much time to spit shine it !!! and it's still a winner,not to mention it has a super driver,,, :D pop
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Congrats to you guys!
Hey Pops, do you know if the track has an internet presence where we could see the track and type of cars that run there?
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

it's i30 speedway.com there has been races seen on ESPN and FOX seen from this track thru out the years,,late models and sprint both,it is a IMCA sanction track.....been around for many years,,,OL POP went out to it as a very young teenager !!a few yrs ago I was talking to the old man that now owns it,,his son and daughter now run it,,he's way up in age,,,but still drives the water truck sometimes,when he don't turn it over ,,,,I brought up stuff to him that happened back in the 60's and 70"s at the track he never knew about......they run a tight ship strickly business,,,,they make the rules and they are fare for all,,,,and if you don't like them...you can load your stuff and leave...they don't play,,,,it;s the best and most honest run track in the entire state plus the best pay-out.....pop
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Cool! Looking forward to checking it out. Thanks
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

frdpwr

Post by frdpwr »

After a 21 month "retirement"
I-30 7/18/20
I-30 7/18/20
7-18-20.jpg (189.51 KiB) Viewed 2792 times

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Cool Dwayne!!
Too quick to retire Im thinking!
I only ever won 1 feature in my circle trackin days but finished second way too many times.
Fred

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Congrats Dwayne! :D 8)

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

You still got it! good job!
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

Way to go Dumas racing team!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

GRDSON,CORY came home from work this week so he said HE wanted to go race tonight,,,so they scaled his car last night made a few adjustments,,,,,,so in a few hrs.....OFF TO THE RACES WE GO !!Dwayne's car will stay at home cause his class does not race tonight...…..CORY races a modified.....him and car both are rusty so we will just have to hope for the best,,,POP don"t care about the car.....just that grd son...….will be 30 to 40 cars on avrege there ...wish us luck tonight's weather is gonna be great for a dirt track race !!!!! thanks POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP just got home from the dirt track,,,think I got half the track in my hair or on me,,we didn't win but had a whale of a time,ol car did as good as it could,,,just got out motored...plain as that....thanks.....pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:59 am
we didn't win but had a whale of a time
I think that is all that matters, winning is nice but having a good time speaks for itself.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058