1965 Mercury Comet A/FX

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

Re: 1965 Mercury Comet A/FX

Post by popscomet »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:Gary;my old Comet is all over that Thread!! POP;I don't think they make a bigger Helmet Size!!!!! ROY.
BET they don't ,ROY and if I was in your place ,they couldn't make one for my head ,that was said with humor and respect and thank you for taking it as such...POP
pop/glenda

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

POP;I get teased all the time about some of my sayings,I wish I knew as many as you!!! Life is TOO SHORT to be serious all the time,or to take yourself too seriously!!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

10-4 on life being to short...I'll be 66 next mo....if your comet was to ever slow up a bit,I'd catch up with you,,, :lol: :shock: :lol: POP
pop/glenda

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

POP;just 66? You are a year younger than me,67 last February,sometimes I feel about 97 though!!!!!!! You know that OLD saying,"If I knew I'd live this long,I'd taken better care of myself",rings true more often than I'd like!!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:POP;just 66? You are a year younger than me,67 last February,sometimes I feel about 97 though!!!!!!! You know that OLD saying,"If I knew I'd live this long,I'd taken better care of myself",rings true more often than I'd like!!!!! ROY.
HOW true,how true....I say that to myself lots of times,,my grd son fires me from his pit crew every week,to slow takes to long to get back up when I have to get down,,he said I best not apply to NAS-CAR for the tire changer position,,said the race would be over before I got a tire changed :shock: ( if he didn't mean so much to me..I'd pinch his head off) I told him,boy when I was your age,I was like a fart in a whirl-wind....but my legs and knees have seen better days,all those years of climbing all over those locomotves and inspecting trains took it's toll..I keep telling him to take care of hisself,but HE"s 10 ft TALL and bullet proof in his mind,just like his POP was at his age...thanks POP
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I may have found ths present owner of this car on FB.
I posted this ad a bump for the thread and will post more once confirmed.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I sold the guy in this thread an old magazine I had that featured this car in the 60's when it was still fairly new and active racing.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

SASSY wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:45 am
Looks like you have the golden touch, Fred :wink: (and a good memory, ta boot)
Fascinating thread. Better late than never.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

SASSY wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:45 am
Fred I think you drug up the wrong thread. I think this heavenly comet is the thread you were looking for .(I saw the post on fb yesterday)
this is the one I think you meant
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7254
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

If you reread that FB thread a previous owner of Heavenly stated that the present owner also has Arnie's car discussed in this thread.
Doug the present owner of Heavenly, in email has stated he also has an AFX but never stated which one. Im hoping to have him state he owns it and that I can post that info here. Hopefully with a pic or 2 of it.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:16 pm
I sold the guy in this thread an old magazine I had that featured this car in the 60's when it was still fairly new and active racing.
Which guy?

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

SASSY wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:53 pm
Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:16 pm
Which guy?
65hipo, I didn't read the whole thread, just saw he posted in here and remember selling an old magazine featuring his car. So, not the guy you are talking about. :oops:
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry