1965 Mercury Comet A/FX

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

Re: 1965 Mercury Comet A/FX

Post by popscomet »

IT sounds to me a FROG should'nt have to bump his BUTT while gettin down off the curb but a time or 2 before you guys shake hands,,,now thats COOL !pop
pop/glenda

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

popscomet wrote:IT sounds to me a FROG should'nt have to bump his BUTT while gettin down off the curb but a time or 2 before you guys shake hands,,,now thats COOL !pop
Yeah, I coach a girls fastpitch travel team and we played in Brighton and Ann Arbor this past Summer. Two towns real close to Mike. Who knows, I may have walked right by him before.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I'll TELL you LARRY,at times ,,this is a small world !! you agree ?? POPs
pop/glenda

MikeD.

Post by MikeD. »

Okay, I'm cryin' right now. No kiddin'.

I get to take dad next Friday to see his car.

Pops, I know there's something there, but I'm a mess at the moment and can't figure it out... I'll try tomorrow.. Dad gets to see the car Friday!

Boss...maybe I need to take you and pops w/pops out for a drink. Unfortunately I'm not waiting for when I can do that for you guys...I need one now. But as long as we can hook up, it's on me.

I'm done for tonight, I just want to thank everyone for their help and support and interest through all of this. And I PROMISE that I'll post something that will make dad proud, me, and hopefully the history of one of the most iconic cars to run on four wheels. Promise.

Mike

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

PRAISE THE LORD !!what else is there to say ??? I'd give alot to be a fly on the wall at the reunion friday..MIKE you've made the COMET GODs very happy !! POPs
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Now that is Alright! I'm so glad you got on here & got on the scent of that car & tracked it down. I know you are as well as your dad & all the guys on here. every body likes a good story . just dont forget us, we want to know all the details! & pics! especially the smile on your dads face when he sees the car. be sure take a pic of that smile! :mrgreen:
Johno

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

popscomet wrote:I'll TELL you LARRY,at times ,,this is a small world !! you agree ?? POPs
Definitely.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Brought a tear to my eyes!!! This is a GREAT story!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

MikeD.

Post by MikeD. »

poboyjo65 wrote:I really dig that sleeper on the hauler :!: anybody missing a van?
LOL! I asked him about that and he said it was a VW van welded onto the back of the cab! I started cracking up.

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

Mike,
This is not only a great story it is an inspiring one. I met Larry last winter in N. Ohio. He is a great guy. I am sure you will enjoy his company.
If you ever get down this way, look me up.
Dave

MikeD.

Post by MikeD. »

popscomet wrote:IT sounds to me a FROG should'nt have to bump his BUTT while gettin down off the curb but a time or 2 before you guys shake hands,,,now thats COOL !pop
Okay...I reread this I don't know how many times and I still can't figure out what it means. I'm sure I'm missing something or I'm trying too hard. lol!
Mike,
This is not only a great story it is an inspiring one. I met Larry last winter in N. Ohio. He is a great guy. I am sure you will enjoy his company.
If you ever get down this way, look me up.
Dave
Will do!

Mike

b.guggenmos

Post by b.guggenmos »

Great story with a happy ending. Really cool your Dad gets to see the car. Brian
1965 Comet Cyclone Drag Car Aquamarine, 351C, 4 speed, 5:14, ladder bars, 10.50@129mph
1965 Falcon Tube Chassis Drag Car, 347, Jerico, 4 Link 9.?
1970 Boss 302 Yellow, Deluxe Interior, Shaker, Slats, 4:30 Drag Pac
1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

MIKE !! what it means is ....DON"T let the sun rise many times before you shake hands (hurry up and meet up with each other) MAKE , I repeat make a new friend,,,, hope this makes it ,,easier to under stand !! POP is from ARK.,,we have a way about us to show caring and RESPECT !!.....POPs
pop/glenda

MikeD.

Post by MikeD. »

Thanks Brian, I appreciate it.

And thank you Pops for explaining it. I swear I couldn't figure that out! Will be shaking hands, count on it!

Mike

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

MikeD. wrote:Thanks Brian, I appreciate it.

And thank you Pops for explaining it. I swear I couldn't figure that out! Will be shaking hands, count on it!

Mike
SOMEtimes, I trip myself up at the stuff I say,Glenda and I have been married going on 46 yrs and every now and then,,she'll say....hold it ! your gonna have to run that by me 1 more time !!thanks have a great day....it's been raining here since yesterday after noon''''''------POPs
pop/glenda