1965 Mercury Comet A/FX

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
tweaked

Re: 1965 Mercury Comet A/FX

Post by tweaked »

Wow, interesting story with a great ending. Thanks for sharing the pics and story.
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

MikeD.

Post by MikeD. »

No problem. There's more pics to come. Either Friday night (which I'm shooting for) or Sat afternoon.

I don't know if any of you guys are on Facebook or not, but if you are and wan't to talk on there let me know. I'll PM you the link to my page. I have a few photos there of some stuff I used to drive that weren't Fords so I'm not puttin' them on here. Theres a real cool page called Fans of the old Detroit Dragway that has a lot of vintage photos from back in the day!

Mike

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Alrighty then, seems a lot has happened since I caught up on this thread. This a frickin awesome turn of events, I cant wait to see the pictures of your Dad. As much as we hate technology sometimes and wish things were simpler this would have been next to impossible without this medium. These forums really bring the world to your desk top. Pretty special. Hats off to AFXDave for being a real guy and having a heart.

I would have guessed Dodge A van on the hauler since it was a Dodge dealer but I can see the VW now that oyu said it, although the taillights are different.

Pop, I know what you meant, not sure what that says about me. I spend a lot of time up north and I constantly have to explain our Southern sayings, seems like common sense to me, but I quess they are missing a lot of that up there. :mrgreen:
Careful your character's showing!

MikeD.

Post by MikeD. »

Found this one on the old interweb today. First time I've seen this one.

MikeD.

Post by MikeD. »

Okay. Were home and it's late. So I'm going to post one for now. I'll throw some more up tomorrow.

Me and Dad with the former Goldfender car.
I'll tell ya, Mr. Kunz is a great guy. Really enjoyed listening to the stories.

Mike

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THATS priceless,,,MIKE......bless you and your dad .....POPs
pop/glenda

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

AWESOME!!!
Careful your character's showing!

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Mike;like POP said,"THAT IS PRICELESS"!!! It is AWESOME that you were able to make this happen!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Words just don't say it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but AWESOME
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

comethead

Post by comethead »

Awesome! Congrats...the work paid off!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

So glad this all happened for you & your dad. you deserve a big Pat on the back, as well as all the people who helped you find the car. there are so many things I wished I would have done with my dad . spend all the time you can with him, you will always be glad you did. I hope you share all the stories & tales with us, they're like dreams, if you dont tell someone about them they may be forgotten.
Johno

MikeD.

Post by MikeD. »

Okay, got a little sleep last night. Slightly more than I did Thurs. night. I now remember what it was like to be a kid trying to get to sleep on Christmas Eve again! LOL

You know what, I will never be able to thank everyone enough in my lifetime to express how gratefull I am for the support and help you all have given me through all of this.

One other great thing has come out of all of this. I'm now going to start squrelling money away to get a 65' and fix it up. I told my son we'll redo it like dads and then in about oh say 10,15 years from now we'll pull it out of the garage and do burnouts and piss off the neighborhood!

I can't say enough about Mr. Kunz. Like I said what he did was very generous and kind.

I got some new photos I'm going to post for you guys to check out. If it hadn't been for you all I wouldn't have these. So thank you.

This is the one that dad has framed

ENJOY!

Many, many thanks!
Mike

lowrider91

Post by lowrider91 »

Well done Mike. Great story. Jim
It's like a Falcon only cooler!

b.guggenmos

Post by b.guggenmos »

Great story and pictures. We are very happy for you and your Dad. Brian
1965 Comet Cyclone Drag Car Aquamarine, 351C, 4 speed, 5:14, ladder bars, 10.50@129mph
1965 Falcon Tube Chassis Drag Car, 347, Jerico, 4 Link 9.?
1970 Boss 302 Yellow, Deluxe Interior, Shaker, Slats, 4:30 Drag Pac
1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe

MikeD.

Post by MikeD. »

I'm glad you guys are enjoying this! It makes it all worth it even more.

I've only got one more pic of the car, but I think it's the coolest. And you guys (I assume) will feel the same way. Now when I post this I'm not leavin'. I'll mostly be reading or commenting on how bad ass your cars are. So don't think for one second that I feel my job is done and now I'm gone. You great guys are stuck with me!

You guys are the best!
Mike