1965 Mercury Comet A/FX

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
b.guggenmos

Re: 1965 Mercury Comet A/FX

Post by b.guggenmos »

Yep. Very cool picture. I love reading the specs. I hope you can find a Comet as a starting point for your future project? Brian
1965 Comet Cyclone Drag Car Aquamarine, 351C, 4 speed, 5:14, ladder bars, 10.50@129mph
1965 Falcon Tube Chassis Drag Car, 347, Jerico, 4 Link 9.?
1970 Boss 302 Yellow, Deluxe Interior, Shaker, Slats, 4:30 Drag Pac
1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

BY all means you need to find a 65 comet to fix up with your son,,alttle later on......good luck --take care and thanks for the PIC's all is priceless !! POPs
pop/glenda

MikeD.

Post by MikeD. »

Thanks everyone! Hope your enjoying the pics. If I find any more I'll post 'em.

Sweet ride Pops!

Yeah, I've been pokin' around the net seein' what I can dig up. I'm going to take my time looking. If I find the right one and can manage to at least get it and then hold on to it until I have some more cash to start sinkin' into it then thats what I'll do.

Mike

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

IN your case,,,I wouldn't settle for anything less than a 65 HT !!! best of luck in your hunt for the right comet and if it took me 10 yrs to build it,,,then so be it ! just get that son and build it !! and make it fun for that son while doing it !! Don't build a CLONE,,,build it the way that son and you want it to be,,,,,these young people now days have great ideas and vision's,even tho,us old farts don't want to give them credit,sometimes,,,,,,BLESS YA'll....popS
pop/glenda

MikeD.

Post by MikeD. »

popscomet wrote:IN your case,,,I wouldn't settle for anything less than a 65 HT !!! best of luck in your hunt for the right comet and if it took me 10 yrs to build it,,,then so be it ! just get that son and build it !! and make it fun for that son while doing it !! Don't build a CLONE,,,build it the way that son and you want it to be,,,,,these young people now days have great ideas and vision's,even tho,us old farts don't want to give them credit,sometimes,,,,,,BLESS YA'll....popS
Your right Pops!, nothing less than a 65 HT.

And your right, now that my son is a teenager I'll probably get a whole lot of input. I remember being a teenager and I'm pretty sure thats when you know everything!LOL

I'll keep you guys updated and I'll keep reading so that I cram as much info into my brain on this as I can. It's great to know that when I have questions I've got a great bunch of knowledgeable guys to lean on!

Mike

MikeD.

Post by MikeD. »

What would you all think if I tried starting a Comet page of some sort on Facebook? I know there a more people out there that like/love Comets and I haven't really seen a page that is deserving enough to be cool.

I'll figure out how to do(or at least try to) if it sounds like a good idea.

Mike

CosmicComets

Post by CosmicComets »

Mike, Congrats on finally reuniting your father with Goldfender! I also want to thank you for your help in posting that picture of my old 65 Cyclone to my post, it looked bleak for me ever finding it again, but it now looks that it will be back home real soon. Good luck with your own Comet pursuit, and if you ever need anything, post here on CC, and amazing things will happen! Take care, Cary
65 Cyclone 460W, C4, trans brake, CalTracs
64 Cyclone (son's) 408W 8 stack EFI 6speed, Winters qc rear
64 Cyclone (son's)347, 4speed, mini tubbed 9"
1965 Caliente, 289, 4 speed, buckets, 51k miles
1969 428 CJ coupe (son's)
1965 Cyclone, tube chassis, 514bbf, glide w/brake

WARNING: all of my vehicles are armed with anti-thrift devices

rob_angry

Post by rob_angry »

Hello

First Post

Came across this thread while "googling" GoldFender. My brother is Ellis A from the pic on page 2. I'm from AP MI. Would love to get in contact with Mike, the originator of this topic, to ask about the car. Any help would be extremely appreciated!

MikeD.

Post by MikeD. »

rob_angry wrote:Hello

First Post

Came across this thread while "googling" GoldFender. My brother is Ellis A from the pic on page 2. I'm from AP MI. Would love to get in contact with Mike, the originator of this topic, to ask about the car. Any help would be extremely appreciated!
Hi, how are ya? I've sent you a PM with some contact info. I will be glad to help as much as I can.

Mike

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

You could also try the 65 mercury comet Facebook page. There's one fellow on there who has a ttrasurr trove of old pictures and he usually uploads several a day. You find some on there.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/115615503383/
ImageImage

gmsnowball

1965 Mercury Comet A/FX

Post by gmsnowball »

Try this link if you like pictures of really cool 64/65 Comet drag cars. This is what started the funny car era. I have found a lot of good info and parts from this site.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=335534

Gary
Oklahoma Somewhere
Just Outside the Neutral Zone
64 Comet Calentie Convertible

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

That site is KOOL!! A lot of pictures of a KOOL old Light Blue 65 Comet on there!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:That site is KOOL!! A lot of pictures of a KOOL old Light Blue 65 Comet on there!!!! ROY.
there goes that hat size,again................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

gmsnowball

Post by gmsnowball »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:That site is KOOL!! A lot of pictures of a KOOL old Light Blue 65 Comet on there!!!! ROY.

Which page? Inquiring minds want to know..... 8)

Gary
Oklahoma Somewhere
Just Outside the Neutral Zone
64 Comet Calentie Convertible

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Gary;my old Comet is all over that Thread!! POP;I don't think they make a bigger Helmet Size!!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals