My new ride. 64 Fairlane 2DR Sedan

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lowrider91

My new ride. 64 Fairlane 2DR Sedan

Post by lowrider91 »

Looked at this car during Carlisle. It was suposed to be a 4 door with a bunch of parts. Ended up being a 2DR Sedan with everything to do a 4 speed conversion and Crites fiberglass hood and fenders as well as the Crites shock tower kit. Dodge van seats and a bunch of parts to do a Thunderbolt clone. Plus a set of 65 289 HIPO heads, a Comet/Falcon T10 and boxes of other parts.The car has sat since 1992. The guy was collecting parts for years but passed away last year. Drove to PA on Saturday to pick it up. Here's a couple pics http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii4 ... 898bd1.jpg
Last edited by Boss/Cyclone on Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add photo
It's like a Falcon only cooler!

lowrider91

Re: My new ride. 64 Fairlane 2DR Sedan

Post by lowrider91 »

lowrider91

Post by lowrider91 »

I'll post some more pics when I get the on to photobucket. Jim http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii4 ... ed84a1.jpg

comethead

Post by comethead »

What a cool find! Great work Jim...those look badass when Thunderbolted.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

Crazy deal buddy! Can't wait to see the progress. Looking forward to the Fairlane Nationals in a couple weeks.
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Looks very solid and complete. What are your plans for it?
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

He's gonna sell it to me for $3k....haha!
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

You really piss me off. :| Seriously that is a great package. Whenever you lose interest and are ready to dump it just let me know.. 8)
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

albert

Post by albert »

Really good looking car.........a lot of choices to make it an even nicer ride, can't wait to hear and see what you are going to do with it.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

I know it is probably not the popular answer but if it is truely as clean as it looks and has 40k, I would get it running properly and leave it alone. They are only original once. Find another body to make your beast out of.
Careful your character's showing!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

KEVIN,I had thought along those lines when I first got my comet,and the 1st time I redone it,it went back AT ps,pb and AC,it was so boreing to drive,many times I thought about giving it to my grd-parents to drive to church,or even thought about selling it.In fact I stopped driving it all together,would trailer it to shows,,but then it hit me,on the way I'd perfer it to be,I started garthering all factory parts and when I got them all in a pile,I took 5wks vacation,,2weks later,I backed it out of the shop like it sits today and ain't never looked back,,,cause it's a HOOT to drive now,and the LORD knows how many miles has been put on it since. IF it's not any fun to drive,it ain't for OL POP ! of course this is JMO.
pop/glenda

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Pop, believe me I am completely into driving and enjoy them , I think everyone knows that ( I know you didn't say otherwise). AND I am a huge fan of day 2 and super stock cars. In fact I usually walk by most quasi stock restorations cause they are boring and usually no correct, but I will spend hours on a true survivor or road hard original car. There are many cars out there that have been miled up or monkeyed with to the point that there is no blood no foul on building them anyway you would like. There aren't many originals left from the 60s and I realize this one may not be a one of XX or rare (not sure maybe it is), but it is original (or appears to be). I know this isn't an overly popular stance and some times the only way to get a solid body is to disassemble a survivor. Just of a mind in my old age to save the survivors, just don't have enough money to save them all. Unfortunately none of mine are survivors, several are all original just redone and most are day 2ish or at least the plan is for them to be. Anyway, enough on that, it is his and he should do what he wants with it, just throwing out there to keep it original or sell it to someone who would and buy another car to clone. I realize it is easier to leave a car like that alone if you have other cars to play with. What's your saying "Ford built it their way , now I'm building it mine!"

Appears to be an assume car. I would love to see more pictures of it and please document everything you can about the originality of it.

Have a great day.

lowrider91

Post by lowrider91 »

Hey guys havn't been on in a while. The Caliente is on the back burner. Been working on the Fairlane, it should be on the road in a week or two. Kevin, even when I bought the car with all the Tbolt parts I wasn't going that route. I sold most all of the parts that came with the car. I pulled the 260/2speed. I had bought a 289 that had some already worked over 69/351 heads(shaved. guide plates, screw in studs, etc) and a tri power setup on it. Tore it all down sent it to the machine shop (ford guy) and put a 331 kit in it. Motor is done. Just need some odds and ends. Need to rebuild one more carb. I just finished rebuilding the toploader and the old Hurst shifter. I'm with POP, has to be a 4 speed. I just sold my 64 Cyclone that was an automatic. Had it for two years and only put about 200 miles on it. Hated the automatic. The Fairlane is really clean, not perfect but original. I'll get some pics up in a couple of days. Jim

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Sounds like it will be a blast to drive. Love to see pictures when you can.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

IN my way of thinking,I don't give a tinkers damn,,if it's old and has a v8,even if it's bone ass stock,,,it has to have a 4spd,or donate it to the nearest old folks home,so's they can drive it to play bing-o..... :lol: :lol: :lol: pop..JMO...
pop/glenda