Show Schedule

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
mopar 346

Re: Show Schedule

Post by mopar 346 »

There is talk of doing a Fall Comet meeting in the northern Arkansas area if there is enough interest. Here is a link to the thread, please take time to chime in if you are interested in the event and would attend - car or not.

http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... 680#p82680
Careful your character's showing!

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

Hi is there any Comet folks going to the Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield the Oct 20 - 22 I would like to see your cars, My # will be 1- 406-437-3549 it will be fun. Leny Mason

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

LENYM wrote:Hi is there any Comet folks going to the Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield the Oct 20 - 22 I would like to see your cars, My # will be 1- 406-437-3549 it will be fun. Leny Mason
Hey LENYM, I've been the march meet a few times with Comethead and Roy Pool and really enjoyed myself but never been in Oct.
Lean on Joe he needs a dose of racing action! lol
I wont be able to make it my youngest granddaughter is turning 1 on the 22nd, we'll be there!!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

Well that is to bad but Birthday's are important, maybe next time, I will try to have a good time. Leny Mason

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Lots of shows in the last few months but the biggy is just over 4 months away at this point, the Gathering in Pigeon Forge June 1st-3rd. Information about the Gatheriung can be found in the Comet Event Forum. Maybe Ratical will post the 2018 flyer in this thread for anyone interested.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Have wanted to go to this one for a while.http://www.peachcitybeachcruise.com/
Very popular, great location sells out long before show date.
My Classic Car is usually there too.
I've always forgotten to register till was too late, but not this year!
Taking the boler and camping at a lake about 20 minutes from the show,,
best of everything!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Well a little over 2 weeks til the Gathering in Pigeon Forge, I think our record is 22 Comets in a week end and 17 on the ground at one time. It's a great event for those who haven't been and has a family reunion feel to it. Great cars, great folks and there's even been known to have story or 2 told under the tent. All are welcome whether you can bring a Comet or not. June 1-3 at the Mountain Breeze Hotel in Pigeon Forge, Tn. Hope ya'll can come!

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

The Gathering was a success and you can see the pictures if you go to the Comet Forum Event section and look for the picture thread. Ratical will be loading pictures so everyone can be part of the fun.

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

The Comet Gathering is May 31st, June 1st and 2nd in Pigeon Forge as usual. We'd love to see some new cars to our old faithfuls. More information can be found in the Comet Forum Event page.

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

We got into Pigeon Forge yesterday and to my surprise there was a Comet waiting on us, it's a new to us one as well. Strangely enough it is from my hometown and a 63.5 V8 car. It's a great start to what should prove to be another great Gathering.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

mopar 346 wrote:We got into Pigeon Forge yesterday and to my surprise there was a Comet waiting on us, it's a new to us one as well. Strangely enough it is from my hometown and a 63.5 V8 car. It's a great start to what should prove to be another great Gathering.
Hopefully there will be several new ones there. Thanks for keeping us posted.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Ended up with 5 new (to us) cars, cars from 8 different states and people from 11 different states who came specifically for the Gathering. We had a great time and hopefully someone with more skill than I have will post pictures in the Comet Events forum.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

If anyone wants to send me pictures I will get them posted.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

zboxz

Post by zboxz »

If anyone is in the los angles area make sure you stop and see the Pomona fair swap meet. I saw every car and car part imaginable.

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

I didn't think ya'll were allowed to move around in LA right now? Glad ya'll got out, I went to Pomona for the Winter Nationals (?) a few years back, great place.

First week end of June we are having the Gathering, with the appropriate social distancing I suppose, but we will be there. Come one come all, a good time will be had but less handshaking than normal.