Show Schedule

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Comechero65

Re: Show Schedule

Post by Comechero65 »

Chris, Nice to meet you today. Sorry you couldn't show yours. Even more sorry mine couldn't be there. Would probably have got a trophy so i'm told.

One of those two black cars in the first pic is what they called a pro racer with a 427 which took one of the top trophys. The 'best of show' went to the 65 Villager Wagon in the next pic. It also took the 'long distance' award since he was from Wash.

Thanks for taking some pics. I had my camera but was so busy voting and being a judge for one catagory didn't get one single pic. Every one of your pics shows at least one winner. Even the black one with the flames was a rat rod that got a Diamond in The Rough award.

Had a number of people disappointed that they didn't get to see Comechero, including yourself. But another oppurtinity may come up sooner than one might think. Have to get the steering box fixed and fixed right this time so it can't happen again. Just need to find a used steering box I can take parts from.
Ron

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

ENOLCYC wrote:Couple pics of my favorites from the show.......
chris, Thanks for posting the pics. Was nice meeting you there. Disappointed mine couldn't be there but that's the breaks I guess. There will be a next time. I did do the cruise and just made it home. Have since repaired my steering and it's back on the road again. I'm driving it as much as I can to make sure I can depend on it. We are doing another cruise this upcoming month so will try it again. Hopefully with no more problems.
Ron

CosmicComets

Post by CosmicComets »

I just got an email from "The Enthusiast Network" announcing that the 2015 Car Craft Summer Nationals wer to be held at a NEW location, West Allis (MIllwaukee) WI. :shock: Dates are July 17th-19th for those interested. I guess I should probably cancel my room reservations in St. Paul, MN! So Tambo, I suppose the odds of running into each other this summer just got reduced to 0%? I might still go anyway, its only about seven hours from here instead of three. Might be a good chance to meet up with those of you that live in that region! Take care, Cary
65 Cyclone 460W, C4, trans brake, CalTracs
64 Cyclone (son's) 408W 8 stack EFI 6speed, Winters qc rear
64 Cyclone (son's)347, 4speed, mini tubbed 9"
1965 Caliente, 289, 4 speed, buckets, 51k miles
1969 428 CJ coupe (son's)
1965 Cyclone, tube chassis, 514bbf, glide w/brake

WARNING: all of my vehicles are armed with anti-thrift devices

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

CosmicComets wrote:I just got an email from "The Enthusiast Network" announcing that the 2015 Car Craft Summer Nationals wer to be held at a NEW location, West Allis (MIllwaukee) WI. :shock: Dates are July 17th-19th for those interested. I guess I should probably cancel my room reservations in St. Paul, MN! So Tambo, I suppose the odds of running into each other this summer just got reduced to 0%? I might still go anyway, its only about seven hours from here instead of three. Might be a good chance to meet up with those of you that live in that region! Take care, Cary
CARY,Ol POP feels very honored cause you drove way longer then 7hrs to shake POP's hand.....thanks POP
pop/glenda

CosmicComets

Post by CosmicComets »

Hey Pops, one of these days I will show up on your front stoop with a box of Busch Light and a suitcase full of "wisdom"! :wink: I would sure enjoy shaking your hand again, heck, traveling now is half price compared to when we came that direction. Hopefully we will make it back to the Gathering, and schedule a show or drag race on the trip along the way! It's -11 (yes, that's a minus sign) temps here this morning, so tempted to leave this afternoon if vehicles start! :lol: Take care, Cary Any takers on the Car Craft Summer nats?

CosmicComets

Post by CosmicComets »

Wow, I didn't mean to kill the "Show Schedule" thread! :shock: There WILL be a "Street Macine Nationals" in St. Paul on July 17-19 2015, however will no longer be associated with Car Craft Magazine. Car Craft will now be hosting the "Car Craft Summer Nationals" in Milwaukee on the same dates. It seems that "FamilyEvents" promotion company was bought out by a competing publishing company and are no longer affiliated with any events with Car Craft, Hot Rod or other ties to "Enthusiast Media". So now the question for me is.... which one do I attend? St. Paul is only three hours away, motel booked, know more people, etc. Milwaukee is about a seven hour ride, but we could trailer, especially if we decide to race at Union Grove on Saturaday night, and I have a few cousins that live right in the midst of it so lodging not an issuue. I'm leaning towards St. Paul, but only because I'm thinking CometJr's car won't be ready until the following summer and it would be neat to race it at Union Grove (Great Lakes Raceway) because we know it was raced there often in the 60's! Underside of trunk lid has stickers from there, and it was based out of Cicago in it's glory days. I wonder if anyone would remember it, we plan on leaving the 60's paint and the earned patina on for a couple years. Any Comet guys headed to either show this summer? (help us decide!) Tambo, are going to be in St. Paul? Cary

Tims1965MercuryComet

Post by Tims1965MercuryComet »

8)
Last edited by Tims1965MercuryComet on Thu May 26, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1965 Caliente 4 door
1968 302
Edelbrock Torker manifold and carb

Mercury_s55

Post by Mercury_s55 »

Cometeers,

This is just a quick note to say the Charlotte Food Lion AutoFair at Charlotte Motor Speedway is just around the corner. Comet East will be showing April 11-12.

We only have heard from 7 members so far who say they will be bring their cars to the Charlotte Food Lion AutoFair. The speedway requires all clubs to show at least 15 each year to be able to return the next year. With only 7 cars we may not be ask to show in 2016.

Please contact Bill Adam via email at billadams100@hotmail.com if you plan to come to the Charlotte Food Lion AutoFair.

More news about this event will be coming soon ... Rock & Roll Comets

Don Harding Comet East Car Club

LexiDarlin

Post by LexiDarlin »

Cincinnati Area People - Cars and Courage 3rd Annual Car Show to Support US Vets - Saturday, April 25, 10am - 3pm.

And then the Sharonville Car Show is the next day on the Sunday the 26th!!
Lexi Darlin' - '62 Comet

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Glad to see this thread is still going. Aunt Lou and I will be at the Comet Gathering in a couple of weeks. Saturday I plan to go to the Valdosta Mopar show, then Whataburger the next Saturday in Tallahassee. I never found the right 64 Comet I wanted after the show last year so I bought another Mopar. :D I have been sporting it in a number of shows in PA over the last few months as well as hitting a lot of stuff at home with a combo of the other cars. Aunt Lou sees weekly duty when I'm home and always performs as she should, it has been over 20 years and who knows how many miles since I put her together so I may take her back down after the Gathering and give her a make over.

See you all there.
Careful your character's showing!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

will be looking forward to seeing you and Aunt lou,,could care less about another MOPAR or hearing about a mopar show ,but really looking forward to see you at PF..take care and see ya soon !! POP
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I thought I'd put up a copy of the flier on this thread.

2 MORE WEEKS!!!
Johno

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

We just got home about from the Gathering 7:15 (Sunday). Got in Thursday evening about mid-night and had 3 full days of fellowship and Comets! I think the final count was 21 different Comets over the weekend and as many as 19 on the ground at one time. We also had a very sweet 63 Meteor S-33 stop by, go on one of our rides and hung out for awhile under the tent. Aunt Lou performed as usual 500+ miles each way in one stint, she don't owe no body nothing. :mrgreen:

It was a grat time and thank you to Corky and Dave for the efforts to make it happen, a special thanks to Dave for my special gift, I will always cherish it, thank you to Sue at the Mountain Breeze hotel for making everything excellent with our rooms. And a BIG THANK YOU to everyone to everyone that came out with thier Comets, it was the best turn out and the best diversity yet! Looking forward to next year already, set our reservations before we left.
Careful your character's showing!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I agree KEVIN,that little comet don't owe no body anything...She's just a neat ride.....thanks for being there with her ...POP
pop/glenda

CosmicComets

Re: Show 2016 Falcon Nationals

Post by CosmicComets »

Hey everybody, tht 2016 Falcon Nationals afre being held in Baraboo Wisconsin next July. attached is a link to the show info posted on our local (Minnesota and surrounding states) chapters home sight. Why should you care? because this year in conjunction with the National Falcon Convention is an all Ford car show on July 16th. Why should you attend? Because the Mercury Comet will be the FEATURE car at the Ford show. I'm going, and I hope that a SL of Comets show up! I'm passing on the Street Machine Summer Nats and the Car Craft Nats to attend. Its about 420 miles from where I live, so any of you that live closer than that are required to attend, for the rest of you optional, but highly recommended! :D I will add a link to the Ford show when I locate it again. :roll:
http://www.northland-falcons.com/home/2 ... ntion.html