in need of an ARK

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

in need of an ARK

Post by popscomet »

WE are just about to float away,,we have not even started raceing season so far,it rains everytime you turn around,,we have had so much rain this year ! Last night a storm came thru and had fist size hail that destroyed cars and windshields and AWNINGS and so forth,,lucky for POP it was just above me a handfull of miles,so this community was safe,,but the rain ,man it rained.....AM thinking about building an ARK .Got my 4wd truck stuck in my own pasture,had to winch it with my old trusty bronco,now got ruts everywhere,,,,but ,the good LORD told me ,there will never be to much I can't handle,my yard will be hip tall before it ever gets dry e'nuff to mow,and the pasture will be even taller before it's brush-hogged.....WELL,thats the end of my RANT...have a good day !!! POP (in a pair of rubber hip boots,that are to damn big I might add)
pop/glenda

Maine Pilot

Re: in need of an ARK

Post by Maine Pilot »

We still have about a foot of snow in our yard. We would welcome rain that would wash it away!
My wife says I only have 2 faults. I don't listen...and something else

Loner

Post by Loner »

Send it this way California is as dry as a popcorn fart!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Loner wrote:Send it this way California is as dry as a popcorn fart!
ROY said the samething last year....I checked into sending a truck load out there,,but all I could find was GMC trucks and I knew the entire load of rain would be evoprated before it reached him,,but I'll keep looking for a FORD rain hauler and try to help y'all out. :lol: :lol: :roll: pop
pop/glenda

Tbart

Post by Tbart »

Pops, Maybe you're polishing your Comet too much. It always rains when I wax my black 64 Cyclone! [seems like it anyway] Stay safe.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Tbart wrote:Pops, Maybe you're polishing your Comet too much. It always rains when I wax my black 64 Cyclone! [seems like it anyway] Stay safe.
TRUST me when I say,that ain't it,my ol red ride don't see much soap and water..or wax,til it's time to take it to PF,,it don't get drove that often.....good hearing from you,have been wondering where you got off to...thanks and you also stay safe pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Yeah pop send some of that water CA way!!
They just said we can only shower once a week here...which is what I was doing anyhow! :wink:

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

comethead wrote:Yeah pop send some of that water CA way!!
They just said we can only shower once a week here...which is what I was doing anyhow! :wink:

Joe
I can member in my life time,ARK has gone thru a few dry spells,,was announced on radio and TV,,don't water your grass or wash your car,fix all drippy faucets,,don't you dare waste any water,,,,,BUT the damn car washes would be in full blast..we drove past the GOVENERS MANSION,all the lawn sprinklers were in full force and so were the ones in the very rich and elite neighbor hoods,,,or does that stuff just happen down here?,,just wondering pop
pop/glenda

Loner

Post by Loner »

Hey POP dehydrate some,that way you can get more on the truck :P
Or take your ark up north and drag us a iceberg down here will ya.

To tell you the truth it is bad out here. I live in the mountains by Yosemite and the pine trees are dying left and right. The grass on the hills is already brown. Most years it doesn't start turning until the end of May.
The well drillers are booked new wells are going dry everyday.
The spring were my Grandmother grew up is dry. One of the old guys that lives near there says he hasn't seen it with out water in his life time and he is 94.
I know four different guys that bought sawmills this year because of all the logs to be had.
I bet we are going to have some crazy wildfires this year.

Matt

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WONDER if all the crap in outer space and shootin for the moon and etc,has tripped mother nature up or just plain pissed her off ??pop :shock:
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

popscomet wrote:
Loner wrote:Send it this way California is as dry as a popcorn fart!
ROY said the samething last year....I checked into sending a truck load out there,,but all I could find was GMC trucks and I knew the entire load of rain would be evoprated before it reached him,,but I'll keep looking for a FORD rain hauler and try to help y'all out. :lol: :lol: :roll: pop
Pops, I found the perfect tanker truck to haul the rain water, hydrated or dehydrated. Best of all its a Ford.

http://bringatrailer.com/2014/05/30/no- ... oe-tanker/