The Big Comets
JimsHot66

Re: Wiper Motor Replacement

Post by JimsHot66 »

JimsHot66 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:28 pm
poboyjo65 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:15 pm
Jim another good thing about the truck wiper set up is there were millions of them sold,so getting parts will always be easier than comet parts. you can get a rebuilt motor fairly cheap at most any parts house,;
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/re ... otor&pos=0
You’d think… a replacement wiper motor for the Comet is available today, the newer one, for a 79 Bronco, will be about a week. Not a big deal since I’m not in a hurry.

Jim
Wow... this must be a popular upgrade... there are literally no reman wiper motors (p/n 40-258) available at this time :( . Even Cardone, the supplier is "return and rebuild" only.

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

JimsHot66 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:58 pm
JimsHot66 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:28 pm
poboyjo65 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:15 pm
Jim another good thing about the truck wiper set up is there were millions of them sold,so getting parts will always be easier than comet parts. you can get a rebuilt motor fairly cheap at most any parts house,;
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/re ... otor&pos=0
You’d think… a replacement wiper motor for the Comet is available today, the newer one, for a 79 Bronco, will be about a week. Not a big deal since I’m not in a hurry.

Jim
Wow... this must be a popular upgrade... there are literally no reman wiper motors (p/n 40-258) available at this time :( . Even Cardone, the supplier is "return and rebuild" only.

Jim
Thanks! you just saved me a trip down there.only 3-4 blocks away but I was going to drop in there & order & pay for one today! so I called & she said she wont know until monday if she can get one. guess I already know the answer now. I got a buddy a few miles away with a lot full of old trucks,guess I'll have to go see him.
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

JimsHot66 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:58 pm

Jim
yea soon as I opened my big mouth about how plentiful they will always be. :roll: But with as many of these old trucks that are being restored by young guys sooner or later they will be repopped I would think.

I wonder if the 66 comet motor will fit on a 65? catalog pics look the same. Fryedaddy said his was super fast,that makes me want one. :lol:
Johno

JimsHot66

Post by JimsHot66 »

[/quote]
yea soon as I opened my big mouth about how plentiful they will always be. :roll: But with as many of these old trucks that are being restored by young guys sooner or later they will be repopped I would think.

I wonder if the 66 comet motor will fit on a 65? catalog pics look the same. Fryedaddy said his was super fast,that makes me want one. :lol:
[/quote]

Yea John, it's all your fault. :) I'll have a used wiper motor from a 79 truck, hopefully this weekend. The guy on ebay that I bought the wiring harness from has been real helpful in getting me a motor.

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jim I have been checking out sites & saw this about motors with the wrong wiring being sold,makes me wonder the ones that gave you so much trouble,,, if you were getting these or if they were from same supplier with same mistakes,read the discription ,but also read the review at the very bottom;
https://www.npdlink.com/product/motor-w ... 081/200453
Johno