1967 Comet Caliente Convertible for Sale Survivor

The Big Comets
Sabatona

1967 Comet Caliente Convertible for Sale Survivor

Post by Sabatona »

Hi all.
Well......I hate to do it, but I have decided to put my 1967 Caliente Convertible up for sale. Its a documented 1 of 15 car.

Photos here:
http://cubeupload.com/codes/9317e2

I am listing here before putting on other on line media as I am really hoping it will go to a Comet collector rather than someone buying it on a whim....I'm keeping my 66 Cyclone 390/4spd convertible, just do not need both....

This Caliente is in amazingly good original condition. It has had a repaint most likely in the 70's (original Glacier Blue color). Wish my 73 Torino was this clean before I restored it!

Interior, top, engine compartment, and trunk are 100% original.

Interior is in great condition. It has one tear in a thread seam about 6" long on the drivers side bottom.

Dash pad has a little heat damage around the speaker area, but can be fixed.

Car is dirty underneath (looks like the owner lived on a road pack drive) but the floor pans and frame have no rust through, and look incredibly solid (why I bought the car).

Only rust I could find were 2 repairs on each lower rear quarter behind the rear tires (likely before the repaint).

The 289 V8 runs great. Transmission shifts well. Needs brake job (DS front cylinder is leaking, I plan to fix it).

I drove the car up and down the street last year when I bought it.

Convertible top works, and top is original with original back glass (not plastic).

Full Deluxe Marti report comes with the car, and say that this Cali is 1 of 15 as equipped.

I never titled the car (It has a new Iowa title from the dealer I bought it from). They assigned it to me so I plan to go to DMV this week to get an IL title issued in my name.

Car is located in Mansfield, IL zip 61854.

Car comes with 2 spare front fenders, and a spare steel (non scoop) hood, and of course the deluxe Marti Report.

Asking $8200 obo.

Although the paint is faded, this Cali is in great condition and could be cleaned up to be a respectable survivor, or it would be a super easy restoration candidate.

Really don't want to sell it, but we could use the space for our growing business.

Please contact me at lensabato@msn.com if interested, or if you have questions.

Thanks. Len
Sabatona
66 Cyclone Convertible
390 4V 4 Speed
Factory In Dash A/C
DSO 84 Home Office Reserve

Sabatona

Re: 1967 Comet Caliente Convertible for Sale Survivor

Post by Sabatona »

Hi all.

If anyone is interested in the Caliente please contact me, otherwise it will be listed on other medias at the end of this week.

Thanks.
Sabatona
66 Cyclone Convertible
390 4V 4 Speed
Factory In Dash A/C
DSO 84 Home Office Reserve

Sabatona

Re: 1967 Comet Caliente Convertible for Sale Survivor

Post by Sabatona »

SOLD!
Headed to Alabama.
Sabatona