Seat upgrades

The Big Comets
kent5714

Seat upgrades

Post by kent5714 »

Have a 1966 Caliente and looking to replace the front bench seat. I have my eyes on Procar seats right now as a replacement, but has anyone had any good or bad experiences with new brackets and seats?

Spumoni

Re: Seat upgrades

Post by Spumoni »

Sorry to drag up an old post, but did you ever decide to jump on the Procars? I've been toying with the same idea to toss my bench (which is literally just a metal frame at this point) and upgrade to their low back seats in Black. For the price of two it's still way less of a blow to my wallet than to have the original bench redone. Would love to see some pictures or even see what you think of them if you did. Thanks!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I used a set of their low backs in a truck,they came with tracks,just had to make brackets to bolt them to. the hardest part was getting them square & level since the floor was tapered off on the sides & back was a different level too.then front to back had to be sitting at a comfortable angle . I guess you could use shims if you didnt get them exactly right but I spent a little extra time mocking them up to feel good. & they are a lot more comfortable than my stock 65 comet buckets !!! ;
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Hey John, is that a console out of an early Comet?

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:33 pm
Hey John, is that a console out of an early Comet?

Jim
yea comet /falcon
Johno

Spumoni

Post by Spumoni »

They look great! I saw that they come with sliders, but sell a universal bracket to fit them to the floor. I can imagine they aren't a perfect fit being universal, but I've had a bit of experience with other cars welding up custom seat brackets. Glad to hear you like them, I'll probably be snagging a pair when it comes around to knocking out the interior!