Wiper Motor Replacement

The Big Comets
JimsHot66

Re: Wiper Motor Replacement

Post by JimsHot66 »

Thanks for the info on the knobs, John. I never would have thought that there was more than one choice for wipers.

I still need to figure out why no 12 volts on the orange-white wire in the car after the last motor debacle. That'll be part of the process of cleaning up the wiring mess that is under the dash.

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

my motor got here yesterday ,so after reading Jims report I had to do some testing. hooked it up to a 2 sp switch first to test the motor. it's good. then I tested it on the intermittent switch,(I had already tested the switch on my 79 truck which is a plug & play). 2 sp motor works great & if I could leave well enough alone it would be a plug & play with no cutting or splicing of any wires.
so then I tested the comet footpump/swiper ,,works great with the intermittent switch & 2 sp motor! the weird thing is ; for instance when I have the intermittent set to swipe every 6 secs,but if I foot swipe it anytime before 6 secs, it resets the timer & waits another 6 secs before the next swipe. so if you have it set just right for how its raining & your running along & some big truck sprays you you can foot swipe it & not have to reset your intermittent. :P I was determined to not give up my foot swiper,I like that feature better than intermittent. but having both will be nice.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I'm glad that foot swiper mod worked out on yours, John. Now, I want to include that in mine. Only problem is I don't have a swiper switch, and they're probably not that common to run across. :roll:

Jim