'69 Cyclone Spoiler II on BAT

The Big Comets
Joe Travers

'69 Cyclone Spoiler II on BAT

Post by Joe Travers »

Here's a rare one- https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969- ... h-edition/

These cars were equal to the Plymouth Superbirds on the NASCAR circuit for a couple years.
They have a racing heritage that has all been forgotten by most.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

wgreggking

Re: '69 Cyclone Spoiler II on BAT

Post by wgreggking »

That's a nice find.
Makes me want it, but I like my Comet.
My dad had a 68 ford Galaxy XL fastback,white, 390 cu in C6, which eventually was my ride in High School, 74-76
Unfortunately to say, I really beat on it. Went hill jumping, dirt roading, drag racing friends, "Laying" in the back seat. Got rusty in Illinois.
I backed into my buddy's dad' pickup. Had to buy him a new bumper and he made me put it on.
My mom traded it in for a Delta 88 Oldsmobile, land yacht. Was on my own after that. Dad wasn't pleased.
Image 64 caliente 302 auto

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

The Cyclone Spoilers were neat cars but the Talledega had a choice of engines and interior upgrades. The Cyclone was only available with the 351W, a bench seat, and a column mounted gear selector. The Cyclone did have the all body modifications including the rolled rocker panels which I thought was the coolest part of the package. I still think both the Talladega and the Cyclone are great collector cars and if I had a choice it would be the Cyclone. (Either the blue Gurney or the red Yarborough)
My neighbor has a blue Talladega 428/C6.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

A/FX wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:21 pm
The Cyclone Spoilers were neat cars but the Talledega had a choice of engines and interior upgrades. The Cyclone was only available with the 351W, a bench seat, and a column mounted gear selector. The Cyclone did have the all body modifications including the rolled rocker panels which I thought was the coolest part of the package. I still think both the Talladega and the Cyclone are great collector cars and if I had a choice it would be the Cyclone. (Either the blue Gurney or the red Yarborough)
My neighbor has a blue Talladega 428/C6.
Jim
Does he have a special garage to park that thing, Jim? Those are very long cars.

The '69 351W-4V isn't a slouch. Decent heads and high compression.
All she needs is a little more camshaft, hi-rise intake and a set of headers. Good to rumble :D

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi