R code Cyclone on BAT

Post by Joe Travers »

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: R code Cyclone on BAT

Post by A/FX »

The ‘67 Comet body style is my second favorite of all Comets body's. (obviously’64 holds the top position)
There is a sister car to this not far from me, it is a red ‘67 Cyclone, 425/427/4 speed, cannot remember the color of the interior. It very seldom is seen, I have only seen it twice at local shows. I remember it runs Halibrand wheels, and may also have been a 1/4 mile warrior.
It will be very interesting to see where this one goes, six figures would not surprise me.
I may have mentioned this in a previous post, my cousin special ordered a ‘67 Caliente, 425/427/ 4 speed. The car was campaigned by the family dealership before being sold. It went through a number of owners before disappearing for years. It was found and an article was written about it. The last I heard the car was still in the barn.
https://www.motortrend.com/features/ult ... -chickens/

Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Love 67 tail lights. Not a huge fan of the grill.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

A/FX wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:03 pm
I may have mentioned this in a previous post, my cousin special ordered a ‘67 Caliente, 425/427/ 4 speed. The car was campaigned by the family dealership before being sold. It went through a number of owners before disappearing for years. It was found and an article was written about it. The last I heard the car was still in the barn.
https://www.motortrend.com/features/ult ... -chickens/

Jim
Wow, Jim! That's a very cool story and collection of cars and engines in the article.
That was a very nice 202 R code car on BAT last year. Bid to almost $115K and no sell.
Will be very interesting to follow this one.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:11 pm
Love 67 tail lights. Not a huge fan of the grill.
More partial to the '66 GT styling. The '67 grill looks like the father of the 'Montego nose'.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

On a visit to Roy Pool he took me over to a neighbours place a couple blocks away and that fella had one of these 427 cars forget the details but he may have bought it new. Think the motor was out and it had been a 1/4 warrior as well.
Comethead may be able to add to this.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

In my previous post I mentioned a ‘67 Cyclone that is in my neighborhood and is seldom seen. A couple of weeks ago there was a large car show in Delavan, Wisconsin and the car surfaced for that event. I came across this photo of it from coverage of the show. I have never been to this show mainly because it is a family event ( too many “touchy feely”) spectators and the fact that it is a large event, I prefer smaller gatherings.
Here is the photo I found:

Jim

comethead

Post by comethead »

SASSY wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:18 pm
On a visit to Roy Pool he took me over to a neighbours place a couple blocks away and that fella had one of these 427 cars forget the details but he may have bought it new. Think the motor was out and it had been a 1/4 warrior as well.
Hey Fred, Roy did mention that car but I never did get to see it. The car I did see was his buddies 1/4 mile Falcon. Boy that’s a badass car! 8)
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

A/FX wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:14 pm
Looking @ the Marti report, is this the sister of the car for auction?
Only 2 were built w/ red/black color combination.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Joe Travers wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:22 pm
A/FX wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:14 pm
Looking @ the Marti report, is this the sister of the car for auction?
Only 2 were built w/ red/black color combination.

Joe
The sign hanging from the hood says that it is one of three 427 Cyclones built and the only Cyclone GT with a 427. I know the car has been owned by this guy for at least 20 years, I remember talking to him once but do not really know him. He lives in the same township as I do but I am not sure exactly where. The Halibrand wheels have been on the car since the first time I saw it. Like I mentioned it is a white whale the really exists.
Jim

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

comethead wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:01 am
SASSY wrote:
Hey Fred, Roy did mention that car but I never did get to see it. The car I did see was his buddies 1/4 mile Falcon. Boy that’s a badass car! 8)
Mike Thomas, he has a 427 in it now. Met him with Roy when the Falcon was going together with a small block and again with you in 2014 when we parked our Comets by his tent at Famosa dragstrip.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

A/FX wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:22 pm
The sign hanging from the hood says that it is one of three 427 Cyclones built and the only Cyclone GT with a 427. I know the car has been owned by this guy for at least 20 years, I remember talking to him once but do not really know him. He lives in the same township as I do but I am not sure exactly where. The Halibrand wheels have been on the car since the first time I saw it. Like I mentioned it is a white whale the really exists.
Jim
Ah! I missed the fiberglass ram air hood. Picking up new glasses next week, thank goodness.
That is a white whale.

JJoe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

comethead

Post by comethead »

SASSY wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:49 pm
comethead wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:01 am
SASSY wrote:
Mike Thomas, he has a 427 in it now. Met him with Roy when the Falcon was going together with a small block and again with you in 2014 when we parked our Comets by his tent at Famosa dragstrip.
Yes!! That’s the car. It’s badass machine

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed