nitrous

Unusual and Unique Performance Mods
fryedaddy

nitrous

Post by fryedaddy »

any of you ever run a small nitrous oxide kit,say 100-125 hp,im wanting to try it,but i dont know the ins and outs,dos and donts.what would be my best bet for a entry level plus safe kit.one of the reasons im asking is the machine shop told me when i picked up my engine that it would be a good nitrous motor. im not asking for someone to talk me out of it,just the ins and outs
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

65clevorcyclone

Re: nitrous

Post by 65clevorcyclone »

If you dont know how to to read the plugs and adjust your tune, it will get expensive real quick.

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

My grandkids can read plugs. im by far not a pro,but i got my first hotrod at 12,a 67 cougar,289hp,41 years ago.i have owned several comets fairlanes and falcons,and i never let anyone touch any of my motors,but i have never even considered nitrous. not looking for negative coments,just asking for some help! i will just read the instructions if i get one
fryedaddy

ec164

Post by ec164 »

just make sure you have the dedicated fuel line to the nitrous and a good fuel pump. a 100 shot isn't as dangerous if you have the system installed correctly.
put a wide open throttle switch make sure bottle has pressure and let it rip. You would have to really screw up to blow up :D . You sound like a cautious guy you'll be fine..............Al
Your ahead in a Mercury....all the way!

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

thank you AL,that is what i wanted to hear.i can tell you know what you are talking about.i have heard the 100 shot was pretty safe hooked up rite.thank you ,i will take your advice any day!!
fryedaddy

ec164

Post by ec164 »

Thanks but I'm not a genius! Just buy a good kit, and follow instructions to a T....................AL
Your ahead in a Mercury....all the way!

StPro

Post by StPro »

I am running a 125 Kit on my 70 Torino 351 C and I just added a 250 fogger kit on My Mark VIII . Buy a new Kit follow the instructions. Cheep insurance is a Hobbs switch added to your fuel line so NOS won't work if low fuel pressure. Places like Summit or Jegs can set you up with a switch. Just don't get greedy because power is addicting and stock motors have limits.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

StPro wrote: Buy a new Kit follow the instructions. Cheep insurance is a Hobbs switch added to your fuel line so NOS won't work if low fuel pressure. Places like Summit or Jegs can set you up with a switch.
im looking at a 125 nos in my summit book.i will check out that hobbs switch too. thanks
fryedaddy