my performance set up

Unusual and Unique Performance Mods
supercomet

my performance set up

Post by supercomet »

Well to start it is in a 60 comet 4 door.

The engine in the Comet is a 1968 302 with many modifications. The heads have been milled 40 thousandths and larger valves have been put in. To compensate for the milling of the heads shorter pushrods were used and they are performance as well. The pistons are 10.5:1 Ford Performance pistons with stock rods and crank. All of the bearings are Cleveite 88 brand bearings along with the hydraulic lifters. The camshaft came from Ford performance and is the largest cam that they offered with a 280/290 duration and a 490 lift. The intake is an Eddelbrock Performer RPM and the carb is a Holley 650 CFM with a larger powervalve. The carburetor spacer has had some machine work done to it so that the air fuel mixture stays atomized and keeps a good spin through the intake. All of the gaskets to the engine came from FelPro. The engine has less than 20,000 miles on it since being rebuilt. All of the machine work was done at Rocky Mountain Machine on Platte Ave. The alternator is a GM one wire alternator from JEGS performance and the radiator is a new three core radiator for a V8 Mustang. The headers in there are for a 1965 289 Mustang

The transmission came from a 1976 Granada with a 250 inline six and was rebuilt with a shift kit and has all new internals including the torque converter. This piece also has less than 20,000 miles since it was last rebuilt.

The rear end out of the car has 350 gears. It is an 8” rear out of a 1978 Granada.

The drive shaft is out of a 68 Montego and has new U-Joints in it.

The interior includes front buckets from a 1966 Mustang and a center console from a 1961 Falcon Futura. The back seat is factory equipment. The floor shifter is out of a 1973 Mustang Mach One.

made for a really strong set up. i hit the gas and it ripped the seat out through the floorboard. hopefully this gives someone some kind of help. :twisted:
Drew Wanzer
"I love the smell of roasting tires in the morning"

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Did you fix the floorboards :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

supercomet

Post by supercomet »

nope. I never had time before shipping out to basic. from there i havent been to colorado long enough to fix them. that is why i want some one to buy it that i know will take good care of it and not just let it rot or rip it apart. :oops:
Drew Wanzer
"I love the smell of roasting tires in the morning"