Independent Rear Suspension

Unusual and Unique Performance Mods
lavron
Site Admin

Independent Rear Suspension

Post by lavron »

Some of you have probably seen the website I am linking too before, if you haven't checkout the whole site, I was looking at this and thought I might be interested in doing the rear end mod in my Comet, my trunk area is pretty rusty anyway. I don't know much about Supras so if anyone has any insight to share let me know.

http://www.suprang.com/suprang3.html

I guess I would need to find the back half of a 1982 - ?? Supra, but I would be willing to give this a try if the cost was right.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

supercomet

Post by supercomet »

looks like a good swap, good luck finding anything anything from a supra though.
Drew Wanzer
"I love the smell of roasting tires in the morning"

Fastronald

IRS

Post by Fastronald »

A supra?......UGH! Find any MN-12 T-bird or Cougar and it's all there. If you find a Super Coupe it will have traction - lock.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

OK interested, what years is MN-12, and what do you think the back half would cost me? The other would be the measurment on it , track width etc.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

MN-12 from 89-97 but, it does not have the same bolt pattern as factory 5 lug comets. MN-12 cars have 5 on 4.25 pattern and comets are 5 on 4.5 pattern. Also I doubt the underbody would match as close as that Supra did to the Mustang.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry