FE Swap Kits / A/FX Kits & Fiberglass

Unusual and Unique Performance Mods
afxcomet64

FE Swap Kits / A/FX Kits & Fiberglass

Post by afxcomet64 »

I've been working on my 64 Comet Caliente since 1987, parts are hard to find for the old Comets til I found Crites Restoration, he had most of the parts I needed to build a BB Comet like the A/FX ones. I had a lot of work to do though, the car was cut up for drag racing, with only 10,036 miles on the odometer. The 1/4s were opened up, the shock towers cut out, straight axle under it. It was a mess but so rust free I couldn't pass it up. So I bought the FE swap kit, radiator kit, C-6 kit, rear leaf spring kit,traction bar kit w/sub-frame connectors and all the fiberglass Crites had. I had to put a whole new front clip from a wagon I bought at the junk yard. Narrowed a 9 in. 64 Galaxie rearend to fit 10 in. slicks. Now somebody needs to start making 1/4's for are Comets and mine will be done. Anybody w/?'s on putting in any of the kits from Crites, I'd be glad to help. I have some pics on my computer. but have to fix my scanner to get the new pics on it. Howie, 64 Caliente 428 A/FX Clone

cyclone67

fe hi po parts

Post by cyclone67 »

i missed a dual quad med rise aluminum intake with cars linkage and cobbra aircleaner at a swap meet saturday that nut wanted 1300 canadian for it
Wade ``MERC MAN`` Robertson

TomP

Post by TomP »

Quarter panels... WE NEED QUARTERS!

Sheeesh, i have two 64 Fairlanes and a 64 Comet and you can't get diddly squat for panels for these things. Yet the lowliest GM boat has several suppliers making nice ones.

Can it be that tough or is there some sort of agreement that Goodmark can do GM and Mopar but no Fords and the others can do Fords but only Mustangs?

TomP

Post by TomP »

By the way what do the Crites motor mounts look like, do they use the factory holes?

supercomet

Post by supercomet »

have you tried looking at MACs ford parts, i think that the new catalog that i got has quarters for the 64. i know they dont have them for the 60 and that is what i wanted.
Drew Wanzer
"I love the smell of roasting tires in the morning"

bodyguy49

Aftermarket sheetmetal for Comets.

Post by bodyguy49 »

Hi, just wanted to add my 2cents about replacement quarters for comets. Goodmark and other companys in this business manufacture panels for old cars to suit the demand. It is expensive to set up tooling for any sheetmetal if the factory dies are not available setting in some warehouse for the last 40 years. I run into this a lot in my restoration business. I am lucky that my personal comet has quarters that are repairable but most of the time this is not the case. Maye if enough of us complain to the right people they will see that there is enough demand to start making parts for these great cars, and hopefully it won't take them 2or 3 years to get them close to right as it has on some of the more common GM cars.
Bodyguy 49, 64 Comet Caliente, 64 Falcon sprint