65 comet polyurethane bushing kit

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
loman

65 comet polyurethane bushing kit

Post by loman »

Does anyone have a link to a 65 comet rear spring shackle polyurethane kit? The only thing i keep finding are rubber ones for the comet.

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: 65 comet polyurethane bushing kit

Post by A/FX »

Prothane offers the bushings, two sizes of through bolts 1/2” or 7/16” either in red or black color material.

They are the same as early Mustang.
Part numbers : 6-1051 or 6-1052

https://www.cjponyparts.com/prothane-re ... 3SEALw_wcB
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

loman

Post by loman »

Thanks Jim. Do you know the OD of the bushing? The webpage didnt give that dimension. The one I have is 1” od. I searched the forum earlier and it seems the od had been an issue with other people in the past. I will call them on Monday to confirm.
Thanks again for the lead.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

both my 65's had different size shackle bushings than a mustang .they were right at 1'' O.D. whereas stang was about 1.5'' or something . & my car came with the larger size in the spring eye & the smaller 1'' thru the frame. but when I took the springs off my parts car it had the smaller 1'' bushings on top frame & spring eye bushings. I always wondered if maybe someone changed the springs on my blue car, because they also seemed too short,the leaf eye rode against the frame swept forward. so I figured someone put falcon or stang springs on it,because when I ordered new shackles with bushings they were all the smaller 1'' OD. that was over 10 years ago but I couldn't find anything but the rubber ones.
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Is this for a street car or racecar?
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

This is for my 390 track car. The one in the signature pic. Since i got the rear end out and waiting for axles, i was just looking around at things and was daydreaming.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Daydreaming huh,,,that's how I ended up with sliders from speedway. they were for a mopar & were close to same size ,just a little smaller than the stock leafspring eyes, but I made some spacers from SS to fill the gap . that was before I daydreamed my self into split mono leafspings. :roll: :wink:
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

I ended buying some polyurethane bushings from a offroad vehicle website. The bushings i bought were for a jeep with 2 1/2 wide leaf springs.

https://mountainoffroad.com/collections ... 1-2-x1-1-2

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Man those measurements sure are confusing. it needs to say which is OD & ID . & needs to say same thing at top as it does at bottom. I like products with specs drawn on a pic of the product like a blueprint showing exactly what is each numbered measurement is on the description. but good luck hope it fits!
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

Confusing, I agree. I ordered the wrong ones at first. The one in the link is the one that I put on the car. I forgot to take a picture of the poly units next to the rubber ones for comparison.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I couldn't figure out where the 3/4 was. didnt say 3/4 at top but said 1-1/2 x 3/4 under description. maybe it was a typo ? Am I missing something ?
Glad they fit!!!
Johno