64 Cyclone steering

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
SASSY

64 Cyclone steering

Post by SASSY »

Just wondering, The Cyclone was midyear intro 1964 as was the Mustang.
Did the Cyclone get the improved steering found on 65s?
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Lip Ripper

Re: 64 Cyclone steering

Post by Lip Ripper »

I thought the only difference was a power box versus a manual box; power being 16:1.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Fred - best I've been able to tell, unless it was a '65 model year car, it had the 63.5/ 64 steering stuff.
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

peps64

Post by peps64 »

Fred, Rocket is correct. 64 steering components in the 64 Cyclone. That's why a lot of 64 owners, including myself, put 65 steering linkage in their cars.

Peps
64 Cyclone...347 w/ 4-speed, Cal-tracs, Currie 9" rear-end, more goodies to follow

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I was kinda hoping that there was a way I didn't have to say I used 65 stuff in my car but rather a 64 Cyclone upgrade,, guess not :(
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Pfft, lie about it!! And have the pooch snarl if anybody questions ya!!! :D :twisted: Tell 'em if it had '65 steering parts it'd keep trying to turn the friggin headlights the WRONG way...
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

loman

Post by loman »

Rocket989 wrote:Pfft, lie about it!! And have the pooch snarl if anybody questions ya!!! :D :twisted: Tell 'em if it had '65 steering parts it'd keep trying to turn the friggin headlights the WRONG way...
I don't care who you are, that is funny. :lol:

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Rocket989 wrote:Pfft, lie about it!! And have the pooch snarl if anybody questions ya!!! :D :twisted: Tell 'em if it had '65 steering parts it'd keep trying to turn the friggin headlights the WRONG way...
Freddie is a lover not a fighter, I blush when I lie and the headlights are too old and lazy to stand up. Guess I'll have ignore the question by introducing a discussion on the electric power assist of the _ _ steering,,,

comethead

Post by comethead »

Fred if you use the better 65 steering you may as well install the better 65 front sheetmetal too! :P
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

comethead wrote:Fred if you use the better 65 steering you may as well install the better 65 front sheetmetal too! :P
I will have to agree the word "better" applies to the steering but that's where your statement starts to lose credibility.
Just looking at the front of these cars anyone in their right mind would know which one is proper styling choice!

Loner

Post by Loner »

I like the front sheet metal on the one with the crome bumper the best :lol:

ec164

Post by ec164 »

SASSY wrote:
comethead wrote:Fred if you use the better 65 steering you may as well install the better 65 front sheetmetal too! :P
I will have to agree the word "better" applies to the steering but that's where your statement starts to lose credibility.
Just looking at the front of these cars anyone in their right mind would know which one is proper styling choice!

Sassy (fred) you crack me up..............but may I had a closer look...:).....................Al

Image[/URL]
Your ahead in a Mercury....all the way!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

the stying is in the red 64,,the one on the left is a " this is the best we can do"....the one on the right is " we flat ass didn't improve on last years !! POP
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

popscomet wrote:the stying is in the red 64,,the one on the left is a " this is the best we can do"....the one on the right is " we flat ass didn't improve on last years !! POP
Very true Pop! 65s were only improved in steering, brakes, electrical system, engine and power and most importantly in LOOKS! :lol: :lol:

Ok ok ok...all Comets are cool and beautiful. 65s are just cooler and er beautiful-er! :mrgreen:
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed