Crites Spring Relocation Kit on Ebay

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
Travis65Comet

Crites Spring Relocation Kit on Ebay

Post by Travis65Comet »

Does anyone have this kit installed on their car? This kit looks different than what is on the Crites website. Maybe they changed the design over the years. I am wanting to relocate my springs inboard and install a Cal-trac system.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/64-65-Mercury-C ... o~&vxp=mtr

caseville cyclone

Re: Crites Spring Relocation Kit on Ebay

Post by caseville cyclone »

Travis, that Crites kit was his first design, I put that in my 65 Comet Cyclone,worked well with no issues. Only problem I wanted to install CalTracs and John Calvert said his bars will not work because the front leaf spring mount is shaped like a bell. Crites second design is better and will work with Cal Tracs. That kit that's for sale is a very old kit but it will work. In my opinion the bracket for the rear of the leaf spring in the first design is better than the second design, mounting and strength wise in my opinion. When I am truly ready for Cal Tracs my son will design and weld in new front leaf spring supports. Hope this helps Andy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

caseville cyclone wrote:Travis, that Crites kit was his first design, I put that in my 65 Comet Cyclone,worked well with no issues. Only problem I wanted to install CalTracs and John Calvert said his bars will not work because the front leaf spring mount is shaped like a bell. Crites second design is better and will work with Cal Tracs. That kit that's for sale is a very old kit but it will work. In my opinion the bracket for the rear of the leaf spring in the first design is better than the second design, mounting and strength wise in my opinion. When I am truly ready for Cal Tracs my son will design and weld in new front leaf spring supports. Hope this helps Andy
WHERE IN THE WORLD WOULD WE BE WITH OUT THESE SONS.......AND GRD SONS !!!!! :D :D POP
pop/glenda

Travis65Comet

Post by Travis65Comet »

Thanks for the reply. How is that 351c powered Comet of yours coming along? Just started assembling my Cleveland this past week.

ddmrjm

Post by ddmrjm »

All, does anyone have the dimensions on the old kit for the rear mounting bracket?

If so can you PM me so we can email.

Looks a whole lot stronger than the "Z" shackle set up.

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Wow computer finally back in service. #1 Pops you are right about sons and grandsons,we are in Florida right now and heading back to Michigan April 30th. Haven't seen my son or grandson for 4 long months also the comet. My son,grandson and myself are going to Stanton Michigan Memorial Day for 4 days of drag racing with the Mustang,really looking forward to that. #2 Travis Cleveland sounds real strong,when I get home I have an appointment to get new headliner installed and then Safelite is coming to the house to install new windshield and I can re-install back glass. I am going to drive this car this year no matter what! Good luck with your Cleveland!!!! Andy

ddmrjm

Post by ddmrjm »

Hey there everyone,

Well I ought this kit from EBAy and it would not work with with the CAL TRAC set up I have.

So if any of you are looking for a Deal on the Crites Older Style Kit for the Relocation please let me know I would be willing to sell it for a little less than what I got into to it.

It appears that the previous guy did not have all of the parts. So I want you to know this before you send any money.

If interested please PM me and I will send you pics.