1965 Caliente Disk Brakes

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
wade65

1965 Caliente Disk Brakes

Post by wade65 »

Hi All,
It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm finally getting into the garage and back to getting my Comet on the road.
Apparently it's helpful to have functioning brakes so that is where I am at the moment.

I currently have what appears to be an older disk brake setup with Granada spindles. I have no idea if the conversion was done properly or when it was even done so, since I have to replace everything (rotors, calipers, etc) I am wondering if I should just go back to 1965 v8 spindles and get the related disk brake parts that fit that spindle. That way I have no concerns about suspension geometry, bumpsteer, or the like.
It might cost s bit more to go back to factory spindles but I am more focused on brakes that work. Any thoughts? Keep the Granada setup? Back to factory?
What has worked for you?

Thanks!

barrys65cyclone

Re: 1965 Caliente Disk Brakes

Post by barrys65cyclone »

I am in middle of doing Kelsey Hayes Conversion on my 65 Cyclone purchased everything from opentracker racing.

SASSY

Re: 1965 Caliente Disk Brakes

Post by SASSY »

Imo, do the 65 stuff. Mustangs will always be followed so there will always be parts,, and almost everywhere.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about