61 Comet base, sway bar end links

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
61 Waycrosscomet

61 Comet base, sway bar end links

Post by 61 Waycrosscomet »

I ordered new sway bar endlinks from Suspension.com. The site specifically said for 1961 Mercury Comet, but alas they do not match up to the original.
The through bolt is about 3/4 inch shorter on the new ones. the spacer sleeve is shorter, so when lining up the bottom, new with old, it puts where
the sway bar attaches about 1/2 inch lower than the original. Is this an issue to worry about? Thought I would ask here. Tried to post a picture, but not sure how to do it, or where i would find instructions.
Thanks in advance.

SASSY

Re: 61 Comet base, sway bar end links

Post by SASSY »

I don't think it will be a problem.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

61 Waycrosscomet wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:33 pm
I ordered new sway bar endlinks from Suspension.com. The site specifically said for 1961 Mercury Comet, but alas they do not match up to the original.
The through bolt is about 3/4 inch shorter on the new ones. the spacer sleeve is shorter, so when lining up the bottom, new with old, it puts where
the sway bar attaches about 1/2 inch lower than the original. Is this an issue to worry about? Thought I would ask here. Tried to post a picture, but not sure how to do it, or where i would find instructions.
Thanks in advance.
It should work but you could easily substitute longer bolts and sleeves. In the future I would suggest using a name brand supplier instead of a .com fly by night outfit. (NAPA parts are always first quality.)
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

61 Waycrosscomet

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

If it doesn't suit you,you could use your old bolts & sleeves with the new rubber & washers. hit em with a wire brush ,coat of rattle can paint.
Johno

61 Waycrosscomet

Thats what I am thinking of doing. Just waiting to hear what the vendor I bought them from says.
The pic was more of a test to see if I could post a picture. And it worked pretty easily.