Hydrolic throw out bearing

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
marschall

Hydrolic throw out bearing

Post by marschall »

What is the best hydrolic throw our bearing we can get for our 66 Comet . Just put some headers on it with a 351 Cleveland and the Z bar and clutch forks are in the way big time . We are running a top loader . Thanks and any help would be appreciated .

SASSY

Re: Hydrolic throw out bearing

Post by SASSY »

Are you in the process of installing the C or has it been used and you are now adding headers? Does the car have the clutch pedal?
I googled the net a bit and adding a hydraulic release system will require several hundred dollars and because the car isn't a Mustang/Camero there will probably still be some fabrication involved.
Are you sure a modded pipe or two wouldn't work?
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

SASSY wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:32 am
I googled the net a bit and adding a hydraulic release system will require several hundred dollars and because the car isn't a Mustang/Camero there will probably still be some fabrication involved.
Are you sure a modded pipe or two wouldn't work?
I wonder if you can get parts right now that would work, considering the current state of affairs?
I'm with you, Fred. May be a lot easier to find someone that can mod the driver side header.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Caveman49

Post by Caveman49 »

I agree with Fred and Joe, a mod might be a whole lot easier. I had to mod my number 8 exhaust header for our 66 Comet with a 302, it kept the C4 shift linkage in tact. A hydraulic clutch add on requires you to add the fluid reservoir as well. I had the McLeod setup for the 66 Stang l was working on, with the 4 spd top loader.
Motor Safe,
Lee

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Are you sure you got the right headers? headers are different for manual trans & auto trans,at least on the smaller bodies,your 66 too most likely.
Johno