C4 to Toploader

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
comethead

Re: C4 to Toploader

Post by comethead »

RCMike wrote:My 3 pedal car is a blast.. about a 10 second car...

to 45mph..lol

Mike
What the heck is that? A 60s truck?

BTW Nice shoes! :wink:

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

RCMike

Post by RCMike »

65 vw bus.. 40hp and a 4 speed.. Get outta my way!
'63 Comet Hardtop

comethead

Post by comethead »

RCMike wrote:65 vw bus.. 40hp and a 4 speed.. Get outta my way!
40hp...I do believe my lugnuts have more torque than your engine :lol:

VW buses are way cool!

Joe

comethead

Post by comethead »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:Joe;adjust your lower rod to put more pressure on the clutch fork,that will bring it up off of the floor. ROY.
Good call Roy (again). I adjusted the pedal stop to bring the pedal up a little higher, then I adjusted the lower rod and the got the release point off the floor a few inches. Its perfect now!
Took it for a test drive with the family on board for a stop at the local park...its a driver again! :D

Joe

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Joe;good to hear it is working well.Give me a call about that carb cleaner,I've lost the info. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

joe, did you have measurments for your shifter cutout? i just got my hump and it didn't have a template or measurments. i hate to have it too far off and the carpet not fit correctly. thanks, rhett

comethead

Post by comethead »

riverbum wrote:joe, did you have measurments for your shifter cutout? i just got my hump and it didn't have a template or measurments. i hate to have it too far off and the carpet not fit correctly. thanks, rhett
Hey Rhett,
I didnt really measure anything.
I just laid the hump over the floor and shot primer over the edges to shadow it on the floor. The only thing that really acts as a "land mark" is the row of spot welds where the transmission crossmember is attached. The rear edge of the hump will be against that but not over it because you dont want to drill any holes in the crossmember. Otherwise the hump will snug up right into the curvature of the tunnel.
Once in place, I drilled a few pilot holes around the perimeter and temp installed the trans to be sure that the big hole was going to be about where I needed it. Drank a few beers and got out the cuttin' tools!

Joe

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

i kinda thought that, but i only get one shot at it lol. thanks joe, and a great video too

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

If anyone is following Joe's progress,you will notice 'a few beers' is included in all his descriptions! So beer must be a common part in our madness with Comets!! ROY.

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

roy, do you think i could get y'all a gallon of moonshine through the mail without the revenuers catching me? lol

comethead

Post by comethead »

riverbum wrote:roy, do you think i could get y'all a gallon of moonshine through the mail without the revenuers catching me? lol
Ummm...yes. Definitely. Maybe even a few gallons. :D

Joe

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Rhett;I think it is possible!!! We could use some for the CHRR as Hubert Platt [old Ford racer]is supposed to be there and moonshine is his drink of choice!!!! ROY.

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

well i met the guy in dawsonville, ga, home of bill elliot, and there was a moonshine festival. the only moonshine that was being sold was the govt approved kind. that kind aint fit to drink. i know i can get plenty at the comet gathering in pigeon forge, so be sure and be there. if you can't make it, send robert mitchum lol

comethead

Post by comethead »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:If anyone is following Joe's progress,you will notice 'a few beers' is included in all his descriptions! So beer must be a common part in our madness with Comets!! ROY.
Roy beer makes me think clearly, methodically, spiritualistically, and non-frustratingly. It gives me the courage to tighten that fastener a little too tight, cut that hole in the sheetmetal a little faster, and jack the car up on uneven surfaces. It makes my old Comet prettier and my back seat more comfy when I pass out on it.
When I did the wet float adjustment on the 4100 I had the top off the carb, with the gas sloshing around in there on that hot engine, I had a beer in my hand to put out any flare-ups. Glad I didnt need it!Image

Joe

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

comethead wrote:
CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:If anyone is following Joe's progress,you will notice 'a few beers' is included in all his descriptions! So beer must be a common part in our madness with Comets!! ROY.
Roy beer makes me think clearly, methodically, spiritualistically, and non-frustratingly. It gives me the courage to tighten that fastener a little too tight, cut that hole in the sheetmetal a little faster, and jack the car up on uneven surfaces. It makes my old Comet prettier and my back seat more comfy when I pass out on it.
When I did the wet float adjustment on the 4100 I had the top off the carb, with the gas sloshing around in there on that hot engine, I had a beer in my hand to put out any flare-ups. Glad I didnt need it!Image

Joe
I wish I lived closer, I would be hanging out in your garage all the time. Don't worry, I would bring my own beer.Image
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry