Ford BW T-10 Help

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
Hillbilly Comet Man

Ford BW T-10 Help

Post by Hillbilly Comet Man »

Any of you Guys real familiar with a 63 T-10.I am converting my 62 to 302/4 speed.I bought a transmission and took it to My local Ford dealership to a friend of mine to go through it.Unfortunately he was diagnosed with leukemia and has had to quit work.So I am trying to put it together myself.I am having trouble putting the tailshaft housing on and the reverse shift fork without the detent ball falling out.Before anyone tells me to go T-5 ,the reason I am using the T-10 is because I am building it the way it would've been built in the late 60s.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Later,Heath
19'62 2Dr. Sedan, Black with Red interior.
1962 Comet S-22,Champagne w/beige and white interior
Black 1993 Ford Lightning

supercomet

Post by supercomet »

as for the ball, pack some trans assembly grease on it and that should get it sticky enough to hold it in place. the tailshaft should go right on if everything is pressed in where it should be. Hope that helps a bit. Good to see that someone is doing it how it would have been done back before I was around. (cookie for you) :D
Drew Wanzer
"I love the smell of roasting tires in the morning"

Hillbilly Comet Man

The reverse setup is designed slightly different in the 63-65 Warner built transmissions.I have a shop manual for a 67 Ford built,but it is no help.It looks like the spring and detent ball can be installed after the tailshaft housing is installed.You can't do this on the Warner built.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Heath I just so happen to have a '63 Motor's Auto Repair Manual (all makes) it shows a 4-speed ford tranny in it, but it doesn't tell me which one it is. Don't know if this would be of any help to you.

I can try any scan some pages and send to you or copy some and mail them out.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Hillbilly Comet Man

Mike, the BW T-10 will have the inspection plate on the side,a Toploader is on the top.If you manual has the T-10 in it I would appreciate it if you could scan anything that has to do with tailshaft housing and reverse gear assembly.Thanks,Heath

Hillbilly Comet Man

Mike,A friend of mine loaned me a manual and I got it together This week.Hope fully I can get the 302/4speed in this summer.I am taking off work the week of April 10th to do some Turkey hunting and maybe I can get a little done then.Later,Heath