Drvers side rear Quarter panel wanted. '64 Cyclone 2dr

Private parties ONLY, no commecial items please!
C4gy64

Drvers side rear Quarter panel wanted. '64 Cyclone 2dr

Post by C4gy64 »

Need a drivers side rear quarter panel. Mine got crunched and rusted.
Thanks for any help
Dan

SASSY

Re: Drvers side rear Quarter panel wanted. '64 Cyclone 2dr

Post by SASSY »

If I were you depending where you live and the general condition of your car you would probably have better luck finding a decent running car that has good 1/4s and part out the rest. IMO I say that cause everyone wants good 64 1/4s.
I bought my car in 1974 and the 1/4s were rusted out.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about?

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Finding a decent quarter panel for a Cyclone will be difficult. Keep in mind that the Cyclone model did not have side trim so if you find a panel from any other model you will have quite a few trim holes to fill. If nothing else removing the damaged panel and having a experienced metal man repair the damage then reinstall the panel might be an option.
If you find a rust free donor car I am sure you will be able to find a home for the left over parts.
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302

comethead

Post by comethead »

SASSY wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:27 pm
If I were you depending where you live and the general condition of your car you would probably have better luck finding a decent running car that has good 1/4s and part out the rest. IMO I say that cause everyone wants good 64 1/4s.
Fred
Remember that time I bought a nice 65 4-door just for the quarters? The drive train went to a Mustang. The trunk channel to a Tennessee wild man. The floor was used on a 64 Cyclone. And some Canadian dude took some metal pieces for an experiment. :D

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

there is a guy on FB this is starting to make parts of them,the rear part around the wheel well. I think I shared it on comet central facebook. he is just recently getting started on it.
comethead wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:48 am
Remember that time I bought a nice 65 4-door just for the quarters? The drive train went to a Mustang. The trunk channel to a Tennessee wild man. The floor was used on a 64 Cyclone. And some Canadian dude took some metal pieces for an experiment. :D
Joe
I believe it was Grrrooover who said I was just showing off all my clamps when I posted a pic of those channels glued on :lol: ;
Johno
215-60-15 on 7x15's .... 29-15-15 on 10x15's

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:33 am
I believe it was Grrrooover who said I was just showing off all my clamps when I posted a pic of those channels glued on :lol: ;
Looks like you cleaned out your tool chest :shock: :lol:

JT

1963 Custom Hardtop

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

comethead wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:48 am
SASSY wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:27 pm
Fred

Joe
Who changed the underlined words!!?
That is susposed to say Sawzall Surgeon.
And no still on the shelf, need a pair of front fenders.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about?