Looking for a 64 Comet 4 spd console

If you need something, post it here
64cometgasser

Looking for a 64 Comet 4 spd console

Post by 64cometgasser »

I am looking for a 4 spd console assembly for my 64 Comet Gasser. I've always loved consoles and hopefully some one out here in Comet heaven may know of a lead on one or have one for sale. Any leads would be appreciated. My name is Janelle Thx

Jims65cyclone

Re: Looking for a 64 Comet 4 spd console

Post by Jims65cyclone »

You'll be hard pressed to find an original with a lid that's in decent shape. If you do, it will CO$$T you. They don't repop the Comet console lids, either. You can get Falcon repop lids that will fit a Comet console base. Melvin's has the repop base and lid for the Falcon, but still going to cost over $400. You might luck in to an original Comet or Falcon console with a decent base, but trashed lid for a decent price, then replace the lid with a Falcon repop for less than replacing the whole unit with a repop. :roll: If you're not concerned with original style, then there are plenty of options out there. Anyway, here's what Melvin's has.
https://www.parts123.com/parts123/dynde ... 1018aAAHHT
https://www.parts123.com/parts123/dynde ... 1018aAAAMA

Jim

64cometgasser

Post by 64cometgasser »

Hey Jim , thanks for the heads up on Melvins for the console and lid repops. I don't care if it's OE or not as I'll probably be recovering it in my interior colors that are gold and burgundy sparkle. This site is a GOLD MINE for help with WHATEVER one needs with building Comets. ALL of the members ROCK!!! Thanks again to you and everyone on here. Playing with my 64 Comet Gasser is way too much fun having the forum as my reference to turn to with my needs and or questions. I will get around to posting some pics of my Gasser. Everyone will get a kick out of it. Thanks again ALL :D

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

64cometgasser wrote: This site is a GOLD MINE for help with WHATEVER one needs with building Comets. ALL of the members ROCK!!!
Never a truer statement was made 8) And of course we want to see pictures :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058