'65 AM radio and bezel

If you need something, post it here
Joe Travers

'65 AM radio and bezel

Post by Joe Travers »

Hey guys, I'm looking for a factory AM radio and bezel to replace a hack job in a '65 202.
The radio doesn't have to be operational and the bezel doesn't have to be pristine, just original.
Muchas gracias amigos!

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

poboyjo65

Re: '65 AM radio and bezel

Post by poboyjo65 »

Joe some are on ebay & some bezels;
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 1965+comet
Johno

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:22 pm
Joe some are on ebay & some bezels;
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 1965+comet
Thanks John! Radio is ordered :D
Still need standard bezel to match instrument cluster. Couple of woodgrains there don't match.

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Joe those are kinda high priced but dont let the wood sway you when looking. under the wood grain is a standard bezel,just gotta get the glue , wood & alum plate off. there is an aluminum plate that the wood is glued to ,under it is the chrome beaded or small ridges like you want. sometimes the glue is brittle comes off easy & the chrome better than if exposed all those years. I think someone removed mine at some point,the aluminum pieces were in the trunk & dash looked decent .better where the wood was, the rest of it seemed more pitted/scratched . the gauge bezel ,plastic didnt get the alum plate like the rest of it.I painted it the rest is how it came to me. mine was a caliente so it must have came with the wood.
Johno

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:49 pm
Joe those are kinda high priced but dont let the wood sway you when looking. under the wood grain is a standard bezel,just gotta get the glue , wood & alum plate off. there is an aluminum plate that the wood is glued to ,under it is the chrome beaded or small ridges like you want. sometimes the glue is brittle comes off easy & the chrome better than if exposed all those years. I think someone removed mine at some point,the aluminum pieces were in the trunk & dash looked decent .better where the wood was, the rest of it seemed more pitted/scratched . the gauge bezel ,plastic didnt get the alum plate like the rest of it.I painted it the rest is how it came to me. mine was a caliente so it must have came with the wood.
Thanks John! I was wondering about this 'cause I've never owned a woodgrain dash in a Comet. Both of my '65s had standard as well as the two I'm working on now. Must be Caliente only thing? May wait a bit and see if a standard pops up. It can't be too shiny. Won't match glove box :P

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea I think wood is caliente only,although in certain instances , if you ordered with a certain style or like if a line worker was buying one & wanted certain options or if they ever were out of a certain type they would use what ever they had available, like toward the end of a run maybe. mine may have been from a 202 or 404 car put on later on or ordered that way. it has a black bottom like the 202/404 's ,think the wood ones had a silver bottom.

yea they pop up all the time I'd wait too.
Johno