Vent Window

If you need something, post it here
Joe Travers

Vent Window

Post by Joe Travers »

Looking for driver's side vent window for '63-'65 hardtop.
Glass and latch is a plus but not necessary. Thank you.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Vent Window

Post by lavron »

Rebuilding my side windows is upcoming for me, not a cheap rebuild but after 55= years they need it, going to use the best componets I can so I never have to deal with it again I have been advised here that Steele rubber sells the best fitting and quality when replacing the wing windows etc.will have to go back and look that up and see what it will cost me, but I really want tight/quiet ,leak free windows, seems that is the point is and for a driver even more vital, not a job I want to do over because I tried to cheap out on parts, If I spend more for recommended quality parts to start out, it is cheaper than doing the job 2 or3 times and less labor. Can’t find the kit over on Steele rubber site. Probably just me but at $180 a side that may not be doable right now for me and may need a slightly cheaper solution I guess don’t trust everything I say :lol: :lol: maybe the Dennis carpenter kit would be ok?I think it is about half the price which is still pricey enough it should be a good quality part?but I am interested in a complete solution and not try and piece something together ( not like me I know :lol: but my brain is not as sharp as usual especially right now, it is day to day I don’t think just starting a round of chemo right now helps that :roll: in a couple of days I should be sharper hopefully,I wanted to go out and do a little work on the Comet but too hot and I am not all that stable on my feet, so the house dr said no today, and I trust her judgement on that, but I know what I want to do right now just Ned to be paitient and wait for good days to work when I can be safe, the last thing I want to do is fall and injure myself slowing me down even more.
I have a good house dr 8) I have been tolerating my Chemo meds well but they stilleffect me, Tuesday I go on the 23 days off cycle so looking forward to mental sharper brain function and stability in my legs hopefully the weather will cooperate as well, a perfect storm :lol: :lol:
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Hang in there, Mike. Went through this with Patsy many years ago.

Latch handle post is sheered on my current vent window, no latch. Someone may have tried to muscle out the roll pin with too much force and broke it, it seems. Yes, weather stripping is steep for the vents but have to weather-proof the car if I'm to drive it to PF. :D

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Joe Travers wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:52 pm
Hang in there, Mike. Went through this with Patsy many years ago.

Latch handle post is sheered on my current vent window, no latch. Someone may have tried to muscle out the roll pin with too much force and broke it, it seems. Yes, weather stripping is steep for the vents but have to weather-proof the car if I'm to drive it to PF. :D

Joe
Joe,
Check your PM’s
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

A/FX wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:10 pm
Check your PM’s
Will do. Thank you, Jim.