If you need something, post it here
poboyjo65

Re: Windshield washer nozzles

Post by poboyjo65 »

bmmaurer wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:03 pm
https://imgur.com/a/l2iJZvP

Nozzles off a 63 Comet.
well the 65's are way different & shorter. so now 64 could be different too! :?
65 profile
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Here are some bend to fit universals with single bolt hole like my 65's;
https://www.parts123.com/parts123/dynde ... 1018aAADXW
If you only have 2 bolt holes I'd say these would probably work.
Johno

FuzzyDriver

Post by FuzzyDriver »

Poboy: Those nozzles of his couldn't be more different than what would work on a '64 Comet. But yours look about right. Isn't it strange that they changed so much over two years? Just re-read your post. The reason you could take the pictures was because they were off, not because you are looking to sell them...drat. :cry:

Might be able to fabricate nozzles. I'm pretty good with a soldering iron and brass tubing.
OK...so she might need a little work.Image

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

FuzzyDriver wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:19 am
Poboy: Those nozzles of his couldn't be more different than what would work on a '64 Comet. But yours look about right. Isn't it strange that they changed so much over two years? Just re-read your post. The reason you could take the pictures was because they were off, not because you are looking to sell them...drat. :cry:

Might be able to fabricate nozzles. I'm pretty good with a soldering iron and brass tubing.
Did you see this post with link? I think you could make these work;
poboyjo65 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:02 pm
Here are some bend to fit universals with single bolt hole like my 65's;
https://www.parts123.com/parts123/dynde ... 1018aAADXW
If you only have 2 bolt holes I'd say these would probably work.
Johno

FuzzyDriver

Post by FuzzyDriver »

Yes, I did see the post. These nozzles are backwards compared to '64 Comet nozzles. That is, the mounting brackets face to the passenger side. If you flipped them over so the bracket faces the right way then the bracket would not sit flush against the cowl. On top of that, the tab that goes into the slot would face up. Maybe I'm looking at them wrong - could you do an independent compare and see if my head is on crooked?

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Well it says bend to fit. :lol: & does have a 66 part number. but that pic may be reversed or it could be right you never know. a couple pair of pliers I think I could bend that tab to do what ever I want it to do. Or you could hold out for a used set.
Johno

FuzzyDriver

Post by FuzzyDriver »

Well, if you could pull the nozzle part out of the bracket and sick it in the other way, you could make it work. Probably brazed together, though, you think?

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea they are brazed on.But I could bend it enough so it doesn't matter which way it is rolled around the little tube,which is only about an 1/8'' od,so it would take much of a bend. the bracket on these stock ones is really thin so it would only take a few minutes . It's a straight tube so that will need to be bent & I would be more concerned bending the tube ,,could possibly kink it if you got in a hurry. I'd get the bracket sitting right first then bend the tube.

I believe the part number is a service part for a 66 stang. looking at other ads it appears that it is rolled the right way so all would need to do is bend the tab the other way. here is another ad for them,I looked at several mustang venders & all seem to be bent this way;
https://www.kentuckymustang.com/nozzles ... IqEALw_wcB
Johno

FuzzyDriver

Post by FuzzyDriver »

The KentuckyMustang ones say they are for a 1966 Mustang and they look to be the same as the ones that came with my 1965 Mustang kit. I'd try to bend my tabs the other way except the nozzles would still be about 2 inches too short to reach the slots in our cowls. Now that I think about it, it might be easier to splice extensions of some kind into my Mustang nozzles (and bend the tabs down). My magnet tells me the tabs are ferrous, but the tube isn't.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Keep in mind that the nozzles do not stick up above the vent slots. Even if they weren't even close they would still squirt a very skinny stream through the slots. Post up a photo of them with a ruler next to it for the next guy who reads this if you don't mind.
Johno