2021 Comet Gathering in Pigeon Forge TN

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
popscomet

Re: 2021 Comet Gathering in Pigeon Forge TN

Post by popscomet »

the only bridge I crossed was OK,,I went into MISS to bypass MEMPHIS and HAVE TO cross I55 BRIDGE and got back on I40 at ARLINGTON,tenn,,,and as far getting trailer ready,,it pretty much stays ready,,,it is used to often....having to find space for it to park was my draw back after I got there...it ain't like it used to be,,,too many comets showing up now,,but now all of that is ok so POP plans next yr OL RED will be there.....and I sure hope to see you and your 6 banger there....so take care of yourself and do what wife and doc says...thanks MIKE.....POP
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

lavron wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:59 pm
I guess that will help those out there looking for an increase in value on thier Comets ( <---not me 8) )
Comets are valuable to all us lone wolves 8)
I still remember back in the 70's there were a pair of brothers had the baddest car on the street and it wasn't a pony car :D
Let's pray we can make it next go around, with our cars! I'm feeling better just thinking about it.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:05 pm
the only bridge I crossed was OK,,I went into MISS to bypass MEMPHIS and HAVE TO cross I55 BRIDGE and got back on I40 at ARLINGTON,tenn,,,and as far getting trailer ready,,it pretty much stays ready,,,it is used to often....having to find space for it to park was my draw back after I got there...it ain't like it used to be,,,too many comets showing up now,,but now all of that is ok so POP plans next yr OL RED will be there.....and I sure hope to see you and your 6 banger there....so take care of yourself and do what wife and doc says...thanks MIKE.....POP
I have a good feeling about next year my trailer just needs tires they are just flat out dry rotted maybe a repack on the wheel bearings might be in order so that will be on my agenda or just getting the Comet ready and driving it (my preference) maybe have the truck.follow along as a support vehicle depending on my level of confidence by then and you right now I am fairly confident in my ability to build a dependable car.
But testing will ensue over the next year which will mean driving the Comet. Often and far I will document it all curious to see how ihave donei will document it all and be fully open about where I missed the mark (like the starter and battery so far I think my tendency to be so OCD might help I have to h ave everything look neat and be fully functional as well even if I have to glue a nickel over my sensor on the rear diff housing where no one will ever see it :D
see Ya,
mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058