Comet Gathering 2016

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
6T5 404

Re: Comet Gathering 2016

Post by 6T5 404 »

Glad everyone made it home safely.
Sorry for the trouble you experienced, JL.
John, glad you didn't have any more trouble.
I got home about 5:30 last evening, unloaded and took the wife to dinner.
I didn't even turn the computer on so this is the first chance I had to check on everyone.
I hope everyone had a great time and, Lord willing, I look forward to seeing all of you next year.
Dave

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Thank the GOOD LORD that everyone is home safe and sound...was a great week end ,,good to see all..maybe more can show up next year..POP/Glenda
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Just made it home, light traffic all the way from Paducah home, I think the trip was a bit over 1200 miles (need to check the OD) round trip but well worth it. Have a few thing to do and I will get back on and try and post some additional picts as soon as I can look at them. I think next year we are going to plan cutting a day off our travel but still will probably need to stop along the way because I am not as young as I used too be :roll:

Great time, going to try and sit down and make a plan to see if I can't get my Comet there next year.

See Ya,
Mike

I checked the OD on the truck it was about 680 miles one way, I got around 15mpg coming back so no complaints with the hilly terrain
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Glad to hear you made it home safe chief!! :D & thanks for coming & everything! :D
Johno

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

So I think that is everyone, awesome no blood no foul and only a few gliches in the original plans.
Careful your character's showing!

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Well folks I AM BACK AND RUNNING after a big wrecker bill and about 6 hours of tracing wires to find nothing took alternator off and found the post on back was broken in inside replaced with new ALT all is fine cranking and charging THANKS FOR ALL THE CONCERNS C U LATER ROLL COMETS J L ( don't think it would to send Advance bill for wrecker and time)

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Glad to here and yes actually I would pursue it with Advanced, worse they can do is tell you no but they cant take your birthday away! The other thing is don't the first no run it up the chain to the highest person you can get to tell you no.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I know a guy that used a FRAM oil filter and it was found to be the reason the motor conked out and FRAM paid for a new motor....don't know what path he went down,but he told me this personaly,,he was a FOREMAN at the railroad....pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Didn't turn on the computer Sunday, and have just now waded my way through to this thread tonight, so I'm late punching in.
Got home about 3:30 pm Sunday. We followed a "short cut" on the GPS from PF over to I-40 that turned out to be a little harrowing, though. All 2-lane, winding and steep. I thought one of the turns was taking me down someone's driveway! We made to I-40, but I think next year we'll just go back toward Knoxville and get on at E-407. :roll:
Corky set the tone for the whole weekend when he greeted me by name when we pulled into the parking lot because he recognized my Comet. It only got better from there. Pop...I know I got smarter just sittin' under the tent. And Pugs, I think the rankings should be Apple Pie, Lemonade and Grape, in that order. :wink: John, thanks for the parts, even if we left one of them in your trunk. :roll: I'll get it next year. JL, sorry you were so snake-bit. You could have probably bought an alternator for a Ferrari for what that one cost you. :shock: Kevin, put a teaspoon less in the tranny next year. Or, you might check with TN health department about contracting with them for mosquito fogging. :lol: Loman, we need to set an alarm for every couple of hours for you to crank that beast of yours to draw a crowd, as long as Mountain View doesn't ask us to leave. :twisted: I know I'm leaving lots of folks out, but it's past my bedtime.
Glad everyone made it home safely, and looking forward to next year. :D
Jim

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Glad to hear ya'll made it safely, sometimes those shortcuts in that area just don't work for me so I stay on the main roads. Mosquito fogging my foot, I think it would take out small birds as well.

Baldy

Post by Baldy »

Well we finally made it home. We headed to Virginia to look at some more old cars. We did have a great time and I'm glad everyone enjoyed the BBQ. The old girl did have a nice birthday welcome waiting for her in Va.

Badly

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

So I was looking at Radical's picture from Saturday morning (I think) and there are 15 cars, a couple are missing from the group shots (Tennessee Trash and the '63 vert) so was the official count 17 Comets?

I am impressed and hopefully we can have more next year.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Looks like ;
1 - 1966
9 - 1965's
5 - 1964's
2 - 1963's
__

I didn't realize there were so many 65's. But we had many flavors of each year except the 66's. verts, S-22 hardtop, cyclones ,calientes, sedan, racecar, ratical. a good assortment! :D
lots of red paint too! :D
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

poboyjo65 wrote:I didn't realize there were so many 65's
So it sounds like next year it is a competition too see if any other year can beat out the 65s for numbers, looks like maybe 64 is the only one to even give it a try :lol:

I really don't care what year shows just that they show up with their drivers.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread