Comet Gathering 2016

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
poboyjo65

Re: Comet Gathering 2016

Post by poboyjo65 »

I'd go down the track! :D if they let me. Is there a stock class that street cars can get in? I might need a few pointers for Loman or any other pros. I took a bike to the strip once but it was a long time ago. But this sounds like fun!!! :D
Johno

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

You should be OK,just need a Helmet and seat belts,good tires and brakes,two return springs on the throttle,neutral safety switch [automatics only] that WORKS! DO NOT go faster than 11.49 with out a rollbar,ALL the lug nuts on and tight,fairly tight steering,NO leaking of fluids,just basic stuff!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

joem

Post by joem »

I had the opportunity to take mine out this year. It was a blast, not a competition, just fun runs. I am in if the opportunity comes up in PF.

I need to better gears though, 2.89:1 not much out of the box

Favorite part:
https://flic.kr/p/Cfedk4

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:You should be OK,just need a Helmet and seat belts,good tires and brakes,two return springs on the throttle,neutral safety switch [automatics only] that WORKS! DO NOT go faster than 11.49 with out a rollbar,ALL the lug nuts on and tight,fairly tight steering,NO leaking of fluids,just basic stuff!!! ROY.
I have a helmet, seat belts & 3 throttle springs. no roll bar. I hope my lugs are tight & no leaks after a drive across the state. I have no idea what times it may turn. I'll probably be so slow off the line I wont have to worry about going too fast. I think it's a 8th mile track? I googled it the other day & i believe thats what it said. it's about 45 min from PF,maybe a bit more to the motel. Thanks Roy! :D

nice pics Joem !
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

If your car can make it from Illinois to PF, I think it will have no problems for a couple of 1/8 mile runs!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

. I took a bike to the strip once but it was a long time ago. But this sounds like fun!!! :D[/quote]
Was it a 10 speed or did you just pedal real fast???? :? :lol: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Not quite that long ago Pop. :lol: but almost. it had a motor! it was a 78' suzuki GS750. best I can remember I ran about a low almost an even 8 sec & about 90mph in a 1/8th mile. Does that sound right? :? it sure did sound faster back then :lol:
Johno

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

John;I mentioned the lug nuts because I have seen guys get bounced for missing lug nuts!! I have THREE return springs on my throttle,the factory one on the cable,then two off of the carb,had a tech inspector tell me the factory one didn't count,go figure!!!!You should be fine at an eigth mile track,not sure what their ET requirements are!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea It's always a good idea to check lugs on these alum wheels especially, & then I have wheel spacers so there's another reason.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

OK FOLKS !! JUNE is getting closer and closer everyday,,so hurry up and get on your game to make rev's and get those comets ready for the trip or get your tow truck and trailer in tip top shape,cause the comet don't need good paint,a cracked windshield or mismatched tires and whls are just as good as a slick paint job and high dollar whls and tires,,,a comet in any shape form or fashion is a 100% "zactly what we want to park in front of the hotel for all to gander at.So dust off your chairs and bring some tall tales and join in on some great fun(rubber boots won't hurt)..hope to see everyone there.....don't forget the place to be in JUNE !! :D pop/glenda
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Yea. What Pop said. If I can park my Comet up there anybody can. :D It's all about havin fun and hangin out with good people. See you in Pigeon Forge, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

deusamo

Post by deusamo »

I'm new here, but Pigeon Forge is only a few hours from me. Plus June 2nd is my birthday, so I might be able to convince my wife. I might just be able to make this happen. Is there registration or something? What do we do for three days? Which hotel do we stay at?

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

No registration. Check out the flyer and it will give you details on the hotel and rates. Would love to have you there. It's a great time, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Bad news folks. As of this time English Mountain Drag Way is closed. Up for sale or lease. My uncle knows the guy that owns the track. I'm going to get him to make a phone call for us. Sorry to have to deliver this news, Pugs. :cry:
302 roller
4 speed

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Deusamod, I thought there was a flyer posted on here for the 2016 Gathering. The info you need is as follows, River Breeze Motel, 2926 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863. Phone 1-888-453-2659. Ask for Suzie Campbell for special rates($52.00 a night). Hope to see you there, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed