Comet Gathering 2016

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
corky.broughton

Comet Gathering 2016

Post by corky.broughton »

Dear Comet East Members,

I wanted to personally invite you to attend this years Comet Gathering (2016) held in Pigeon Forge, Tn at the Mountain Breeze hotel. The dates for the 2016 Gathering are June 3,4,5. The group of comet owners and enthusiast that have attended the event in the past have had so much fun talking and telling telling stories about the comets. The event has no fees and there are so many spectators that stop and look at the Comets. There are always those individuals that view the cars and remember growing up or dating in a Comet being part of their adventures. I'm always so happy to see the kids that look over the cars. It is always neat to see the younger group come around and show interest in the old Comets. :D :D :D Corky

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: Comet Gathering 2016

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

I wish it was a little closer,can't justify 6 days on the road!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

loman

Post by loman »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:I wish it was a little closer,can't justify 6 days on the road!! ROY.
Drive a little longer each day and make it in 5! :P

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

loman;you paying for it?It is not the time [two to three days each way] that bothers me,it is the cost!!! ROY.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:loman;you paying for it?It is not the time [two to three days each way] that bothers me,it is the cost!!! ROY.
Well if I ever make it there my plan is to go see Elvis' place etc , make a bit of a holiday out of it.
Then Marilyn might put up with the 12 hrs a day on the road I'd have to put down,, in Sassy!!
First I have to find the reason for the stalling out of the blue then I can consider long distance.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Well obviously a lot shorter trip for me, but My wife and I are making it a vacation, we have been on about 3 vacations (or maybe 1 or 2) since we were married 27 years ago.

We thought about going and visiting Elvis but have decided to go through Nashville instead.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

I hope everyone took my post for the right reason! I would go but just fuel would be over $6,000,then hotels and food + the show hotel and food,just not in the budget!! ROY.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Roy, I totally understand where your coming from!
As a Canadian I would have to add about 30 percent to that just for the exchange rate on the dollar!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:I hope everyone took my post for the right reason! I would go but just fuel would be over $6,000,then hotels and food + the show hotel and food,just not in the budget!! ROY.
I understand perfectly well Roy, it is just about a day and half drive for me, hopefully gas prices will be same as they are now next summer :roll: and my wife stays out of town for work so she has built up points so we will be able to stay at least one night for free along the way :P

Of course I would love to meet all the guys in person that I feel I have known forever :D

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

lavron wrote:Well obviously a lot shorter trip for me, but My wife and I are making it a vacation, we have been on about 3 vacations (or maybe 1 or 2) since we were married 27 years ago.

We thought about going and visiting Elvis but have decided to go through Nashville instead.

See Ya,
Mike
If your wife likes country music, CMA fanfair is the week after PF, on jun 9 -12. you could catch Elvis on the way - way down & hit country music on the way back. Sounds like You two deserve a couple weeks vacation! :D Me, I'm glad all that is the week after PF, so we get to dodge the traffic, & maybe Comethead might can find a flight this year!
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:I hope everyone took my post for the right reason! I would go but just fuel would be over $6,000,then hotels and food + the show hotel and food,just not in the budget!! ROY.
Roy, I understand. I was just teasing you a bit. If the gathering was in Cali, I'd have a hard time justifying the time and trip also.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

If the gathering was in Cali, I'd have a hard time justifying the time and trip also.[/quote]
that would go also for POP/Glenda..........
pop/glenda

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

loman;I took it in good humor,would really like to be there,need to find a money tree!!!!!! ROY.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:need to find a money tree!!!!!! ROY.
If you find one send a start :lol:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

loman

Post by loman »

You are all in luck. I have found some long lost heirloom Money Tree seeds. Just send me $50 and I will mail you some.