Comet Gathering 2016

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
pugs65

Re: Comet Gathering 2016

Post by pugs65 »

Definitely take the bypass. It's alot less headache and congestion. Especially if you are pulling a trailer. See you and everyone else Friday. Unless you get there while I'm gone to the ballgame, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

Baldy

Post by Baldy »

Well, I guess y'all thought I had either skipped the country or had assumed room temperature, unfortunately, neither 8) . Good Lord a willing, we'll be there sometime Friday. Corky and the rest; do y'all want me to bring more BBQ? I know the answer to the beer :D . Corky, if you want , I can bring some hot dogs also. Can't wait.

Baldy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Bring what ever you see fit.....just make sure you bring yourself......... :wink: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

waywillia7404

Post by waywillia7404 »

Glade to hear a lot of you guys are getting ready for PF. That sounds like we are going to have a lot returning and a lot of new Comet lovers all in for a great time. So see you on Thursday.
Wayne

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Did we get the Comet Central people engaged this year? I know we had talked about it last year. The more the merry and hopefully new cars.
Careful your character's showing!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Kevin WE are the Comet Central people. do you mean Comet East?
Johno

corky.broughton

Post by corky.broughton »

Dear Mopar,

Some of the Comet East Members will be in attendance with their cars this year as discussed at last years Gathering and from what I understand some will be going to Carlisle. I'm expecting "The Comet Gathering" to be well attended this year. Hoping you will be in attendance.

From what I understand, Susie has allowed the pre-registered attendee's this year to maintain their current room rates. I understand the price will go up slightly next year. I plan on talking with Susie and see if the guys can get a break on the room rates next year if they pre-register for a room for there 2017 Gathering. Only time will tell. Look forward to seeing and talking with you and the others soon. :D :D :D :D Corky

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

But but but, this is on the Comet East page and we are all in the East........

We will be there this year and frankly I have always been surprised how cheap it is, the first year I use my hotel points and stayed off site but when I found out how cheap it was I didn't worry about it. In the end I don't think a few bucks would change our attendance.

See ya'll there.
Careful your character's showing!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

The way I under stand it is this is comet central forum & this page is ''about'' comet east . I'm sure someone will straighten me out though.
Johno

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

I'll be there next year and many more to come. Or as long it is held. Like Mopar said a couple more bucks ain't gonna kill me, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

I have no complaints about the pricing or a small increase. I think we are lucky for Susie and the staff at Mountain breeze.....
I did a priceline.com search for next weekend.
There are 49 motels/hotels listed many are not facing the parkway.
Cheapest is $64 a night. Highest is 249
Mountain Breeze is $90 a night
Has an "Exceptional review rating 9.4 with 26 reviews
Who else would accommodate us with tent, trailers and cars parked all over the grass facing the parkway.
English speaking American Staff..
I really don't think any other motel on the strip can meet these qualifications or give us an opportunity to display our cars the way we do.
So I find it fair if Susie needs to increase the room rate.
We have had this same rate for sevral years and nothing else has held the same low price.

I'm not saying anyone has complaints or this would keep anyone away. Just wanted a list of all the benefits mountain breeze offers that we may overlook. So enjoy your stay and remember to thank Susie and the staff during our time there..
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Well said. Service still has a value to some of us.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

well spoken and ol POP is feeling the same way,it's a long hard pull for pop but It's in the best place where it's at,,change it and I may not come,,not that it's important.if I come...................... but the money don't mean it's a tie breaker for pop and MS GLENDA.....we like it where it's at so some of you tight wads get it off your mind///////////POP
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

We have been going to Mtn Breeze since this thing started and they have been SUPER WITH PRICE AND ACCOMIDATIONS. U CAN NOT GO ANYWHERE IN PIGEON FORGE FOR THE PRICE SHE HAS GIVEN US FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS SO IF SHE RAISES THE PRICE SO BE IT I WILL BE THERE END OF RANT NOW CUN P/F ROLL COMETS J L

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

duncanjl wrote:We have been going to Mtn Breeze since this thing started and they have been SUPER WITH PRICE AND ACCOMIDATIONS. U CAN NOT GO ANYWHERE IN PIGEON FORGE FOR THE PRICE SHE HAS GIVEN US FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS SO IF SHE RAISES THE PRICE SO BE IT I WILL BE THERE END OF RANT NOW CUN P/F ROLL COMETS J L
That ain't a rant, that just the fact jack! WITH THE VOLUME TURNED UP!! :D
Johno