Cannot wait!

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
popscomet

Re: Cannot wait!

Post by popscomet »

MY COMET NOR GLENDA will be with me this year,my son is coming and we diceded just to leave the comet at home and he and I are planning on just running around,,might run over to a head rebuilder and vist with him....gonna feel strange not having the comet with me,I go out of town and state so much going to different races and GLENDA doesn't go,,I'm kinda used to her not being with me.....but thru out all the years ,when that comet was suspose to be there ..it always was.....oh well...OL POP plans on seeing YA'LL soon.....pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

gmsnowball wrote:Was really looking forward to driving the Comet to Pidgeon Forge but a rain out of my car clubs annual big bash resulted in a rescheduling of our show to June 2nd. :( Made a few trail runs of over 200 - 300 mile day trips and everything went well. Wish the C4 had a 4th gear, the rear is just a tad to low for cruising at 70-75 all day.
TO me you have one of 2 choices,,,either slow down some or do what I did when I got ready to go on those 2 power tours,,,change to a higher rear gear,,the 1st time I put in a 2.79 ,the 2nd time I put in a 3.00....it don't take long to change out a 3rd member...
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it this year. I've only accrued a limited amount of vacation time at my new job so far. I have enough to go to the Hot Rod Reunion and the other couple of days I have to use to go to the dentist. I hope everyone has a good time and hopefully I can make it next year. The only way I'm making it to PF this year is if I hit the lottery or get fired. Drink some fruit juice for me.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WE DON'T WANT YOU FIRED !! hate to hear your not coming ,son was wanting to gander at your comet..you have to do what you have to do....that's a man's #1 rule...least wise to OL POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Groover wrote:
I'll be checking Ratical's photo posts on my iPad (when my wife is not looking of course) :wink:
WOW,after 25 yrs........ :shock: we sure hope she don't catch you,,think she might take your ipad away? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: have a great time and grat's on 25 yrs
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

week from Thursday is my day to head for PF.....what are ya'll's departure date?
pop/glenda

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

We may leave as early as Monday or Tuesday just to wander around on the way up but definitely headed up by Wednesday.
Careful your character's showing!

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

I'll be there shortly after lunch Wed unless changes come between now and then. CUN P/F

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

If all goes as planned look for Candi and I around lunch on Thursday.
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

I was looking at the weather and looks like Friday is a rain day, as well as Monday and Tuesday from a traveling stand point. Of course it's a week out so much can change.
Last edited by mopar 346 on Fri May 26, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Careful your character's showing!

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

I'll be up Thursday afternoon. Have to come home Friday for a little bit then back up. Can't wait to see everyone, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Well I hate to see all these Comets staying at home but the tent will still have a lot of stories to be told .So bring them on if possible need to have as many as possible to break any records SO C U N P/ F next week ROLL COMETS TO P/f J L

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

duncanjl wrote:Well I hate to see all these Comets staying at home
Some day I hope I can get mine there, it is a life goal :P Until then I will be there.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

tntrash

Post by tntrash »

Called and got one of the last rooms available. Rolling in Friday afternoon. Didn't want to disappoint anyone not having a two door post comet there!

waywillia7404

Post by waywillia7404 »

Got Old Yeller loaded and ready. Plan to roll in a little after lunch on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and some new Comets and faces.