Fall Comet Gathering

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
lavron
Site Admin

Re: Fall Comet Gathering

Post by lavron »

I had a good time visiting yesterday with ArkansasComet (Jim) and family yesterday, checking out the resort and eating at the restaurant, also checked out his shop and Comet and other projects.

Will post more info later today as soon as I get home from spending the night with my aunt and uncle and I can use a real computer instead of my phone, it is a go for the October gathering and with Jim's help we will get all info up and hopefully get any questions answered.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

ArkansasComet

Post by ArkansasComet »

It was great to see you Mike & I am glad you enjoyed your visit!

The meet will be Oct. 20-22

There will be a $10 discount on the rooms for members staying at the lodge. We only have a couple of rooms still available, so if you know you are going you should book your room ASAP. You can book online at the following link: http://www.pjslodge.com/lodging.htm

If anyone has any questions let me know!

"Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Ok this is the run down, any questions just ask.

I was impressed with the resort, it is secluded so no there will not be foot traffic like Pigeon Forge, this is more of an opportunity for the Comet folks to get together and socialize and see everyones Comets (if you can bring one) this is not a replacement for PF but an opportunity for a second gathering a little further to the west so those that can make the trip to PF can come to this, certainly I will continue to attend all events I can put on by this group.

Please do not compare this to PF it is not a copy of that, I will try and explain everything the best I can and if it something you want to attend then I would love to meet you in person, if not then don't.

There is plenty of space to park, room for trailers and even an RV if you have a self contained unit, the owners are very accommodating.

Rooms are very limited, I have reserved a room for October already. If there are none available there is another resort near by with 15 rooms and two cabins, Riverside Retreat (870) 499-3056, tell them you are with the PJ's Lodge Comet Group and get the same discount.

We did have an opportunity to eat at the River Run Restaurant and they have excellent food, I highly recommend the Flat Iron Steak.

I did not eat the cake but it looked really good and I was told it was, and was a huge slice :P the portions were not skimpy.

I really would like to know who will commit to attend, I am going to try and supply some food for maybe a couple of meals and could use a head count, also if I knew the number of Comets that were going to be there I might try and contact the local paper and get us a little publicity.

Just to repeat what Jim already posted the dates are October 20-22.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

October 20-22 is coming up just wanting to check and see who is seriously considering attending this event, if I don't get some kind of head count I probably won't bring food because me and my wife can fend for ourselves :P

So far I know for sure Arkansas Comet and me, that is the extent of my count. I know some have said they would like to attend but haven't gotten any firm(er) commitments.

I would like to visit with anyone who wants to come but if it isn't your cup of tea that is ok the wife and I will enjoy a few days R&R and enjoy the fall colors in Arkansas.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

AS I have already stated,,POP cannot make it....I hate it that I drive all day to make it to the PF gathering,,,and I have made every one...and this one is less then 3hrs from home in my own state and am gonna miss it....reckon it just wasn't in the cards....but I sure hope all has a great time and enjoys the scenery....it's in a pretty location.....POP
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

I wish I could make it, but I have a wedding to be at. 2 weddings and a bday party within 5 weeks are cutting in to the end of race season. :(

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

loman wrote:2 weddings and a bday party within 5 weeks are cutting in to the end of race season. :(
Sometimes you just got to set some priorities. :lol: :lol:
Jim

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

So did the Fall Gathering happen? Is there a thought of one in the future?
Careful your character's showing!