2019 Pigeon Forge Gathering

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
waywillia7404

2019 Pigeon Forge Gathering

Post by waywillia7404 »

With the time change tonight it is time to get all the Comets ready for the 8th Gathering at Pigeon Forge May 31, June 1 & 2 at the Mt Breeze Motel 2926 Parkway in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. Sorry to say we lost one of our Comet Guys last October (Ben Adcox) from Pickens, SC. His wife Deborah said that she and her son will try to come and bring their red 65 Caliente. Hope to see them and everyone also.

duncanjl

Re: 2019 Pigeon Forge Gathering

Post by duncanjl »

I was so sorry to here about Ben, he and Deb have been to THE GATHERING a couple times if not more I talked with Deb also and looking forward to see her and son this year ITS WONT BE LONG NOW HOPE TO C U ALL N P/F until then ROLL COMETS J L

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Time is drawing near for THE GATHERING so get those Comets there push ,pull ,haul ,or drive just be there for this year's event HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL IN P/F C U LATER ROLL COMETS J L

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

HOPE ALL HAS A GREAT TIME....but OL POP will not be there this year.....I always come to PF,instead of going to my family reunion,,,but it has reached a point that I need to attend the reunion,,,POP will be 71 Monday and am running out of kin folks that I grew up with,,now have many that I've never shook hands with,,,so this year I need to make it if possible,,may not ever make another one cause OL POP can take so much of a goofy ass cousin,,a nosey aunt or a hen pecked uncle,,,,so all take care and give my buddy JL a hard time :lol: :wink: ....I will be thinking of you all under the tent....thanks POP :D
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

We're gonna miss you, Pop. Does this mean someone else gets to sleep in your broom closet? :lol:

Jim

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

It wont be the same without you Pop, be safe and we'll see you next year. Kim and I will be there with AJ and Aunt Lou again this year.
Careful your character's showing!

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Pop I hate you're not going to be there, but I understand the family reunion thing. Since I've lost my dad and papaw it seems my family has gotten a little closer together as far as going to reunions. He careful friend and we will enjoy some fruit juice for you,Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

Groover

Post by Groover »

Maverick and I just booked. Rooms are getting low. Comet is running great. See you all soon.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Well due to circumstances beyond my control I am calling today to cancel my room in P /F sorry I'm going to miss but thing happen hope to see all next year if THE GATHERING continues until later ROLL COMETS J L

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

duncanjl wrote:if THE GATHERING continues until later ROLL COMETS J L

Sorry to hear you wont make it either, hope all is well, we'll be missing some cornerstones of the event. I don't like the sound of your last line, do you know something we don't JL?

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

No KEV guess used wrong wording All is well here just other thing happening at this time will be there next year Everyone have great time AND ROLL COMETS J L

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Thanks for setting that straight, we really enjoy this event and all of you and would miss it tremendously. I think we would go back every year at the same time just waiting for anyone else to do the same thing even if the Gathering ceased to be formal. Glad to hear all is well with you, well miss ya but forward to seeing you next year.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I guess everyone is getting ready to head to PF, I really wish I could be there but maybe next year I can get there completely :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

We're heading out about noon and will spend tomorrow in Chattanooga, should be in PF tomorrow night.

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Well we arrived at the hotel and to my surprise there was a really nice red 63 sports hardtop custom sitting on a trailer out front. I noticed it had a Florida plate and the pull truck had a Seminole tag on the front. After a while the owner came out and he is from Tallahassee and someone I have known for probably 20 years, he is good friends with a former co-worker at the Ford store. I had no idea he had a Comet and he didn't know I had mine. Strangely enough Kim had seen if in town a week or so ago and forgot to tell me about it. Small world. I sent radical a picture so I'm hoping he can start adding them if he has time.

This promises to be another great Gathering.