lavron wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:54 pm
popscomet wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:42 pm
POP is already missing not getting to be there
Me and you both Pops.
That makes three of us! :(

Jim
jim .you have a nice wk end with your girls and their familys,,,hope to see you next year.....pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Re: 2020 Comet Gathering

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Thanks, Pop. I plan to be there next year, and hope to see you, too. You too, Mike.

Jim

loman

Post by loman »

Looks like a fine group of people and Comets made it. Wish I was there. Stay safe and have fun. If I get an extra week of vacation next year, I'm hoping to squeeze in a trip to PF next June.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

It looks like the '64s dominated the Gathering this year, you other year guys better get on the stick and see if you can't beat them next year :roll: :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

tntrash

Post by tntrash »

Had another great weekend at the Gathering! Such a great group of folks. Enjoyed meeting some new faces and seeing some new cars this year. Big thanks to Kevin, Pugs and all that worked hard to put on a great show and feed us on Sat. Pops, Jim, Mike y'all were missed greatly. Hopefully everyone will make it next year. We made it home fine last night only stopping once to fix a malfunction in the headlight switch.

Doug

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

We are home safe and sound at12:10 had great time at GATHERING MET SOME GREAT NEW FRIENDS ALONG WITH SEEING OUR OLD ONES GREAT CARS GREAT FRIENDS GREAT TIME NOW IS THE TIME TO START PLANNING FOR NEXT YEAR 1st weekend in June as always JUNE THURS /SUN 3rd —6th hope to see yaw there in 2021 ROLL COMETS J L

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Well I can only say if you weren’t there you miss a good time POP JIM AND RON AND ANY OTHER REGULARS YAW WERE MISSED LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR RIGHT NOW THANKS TO PUG FOR SMOKING CHICKEN AND OTHERS WHO PREPARED LUNCH SATURDAY. IF YOU WEREN'T THERE IT WAS YOUR LOSS WE HAD 10 on the ground at one time and 4 were newbies so all you folks keep coming and one day wi will fill PIGEON FORGE WITH COMETS LATER J L

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

I pulled in about 9:50...………. in Jersey, 637 miles without any issue. The sending unit fixed the lying temp gauge and it stayed just above the center through the heat of the day, fortunately a great sunny day to day for me. Kim and Courtney got in an occasional shower on the way home but nothing of any size. They got to our house about the same time I got here and Courtney got home a few minutes ago. AJ rode the pony one more time before they left town and they made several stops along the way.

We had a great turn out at the Gathering for any year but especially considering everything going on this year. I counted 5 new cars but the owner of one came last year without the car. There were several who had participated in previous years without cars that came back and I can think of at least 5 separate groups of people that came for the show for the first time without cars. I think we all agree they are as an important part of the gathering as those who are able to bring cars. Black Magic made us all get wet every time it fired up and Billy Jack can definitely spin a yard. I think Wayne did a great job with getting everyone's contact info so we will be able to communicate with them in the future. All the "new guys" seem to fit right in like they were regulars, it was a really great weekend. We definitely missed those who couldn't come but understand things happen.

We look forward to seeing everyone next year.
Careful your character's showing!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Am so glad all had such a great week end,,,sounds like it was a kick booty affair....hope to be there next time !!! POP thought of everyone ,,,,,,POP
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Pop you were missed and I met another young man about our age I think you would have fit right in with the owner of BLACK MAGIC BILLY JACK ETHRIDGE HE HAS LOT OF RACING STORIES TO TELL great guy along with all others there HOPE TO SEE YAW SOON J L

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Pop you were missed and I met another young man about our age I think you would have fit right in with the owner of BLACK MAGIC BILLY JACK ETHRIDGE HE HAS LOT OF RACING STORIES TO TELL great guy along with all others there HOPE TO SEE YAW SOON J L

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Guess I double clicked oh well read it twice

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

duncanjl wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:08 am
Guess I double clicked oh well read it twice
I guess if it was good enough to say once, twice makes it double good :P

Hopefully he will continue coming to the Gathering.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

the owner of black magic and Dwayne have talked ,he has seen pic's of ole rusty and asked us to come vist his shop.In fact Dwayne says we can get to his place and vist awhile and be back home in the same amount of time it takes us to get to the gathering in PF,,,I sure missed not being there 2times in a row,,,my ears rang 3days,,thought to myself,,,somebody is talking about me somewhere,, :shock: :shock: maybe LORD willing,,OL POP can show up next year with a bell on his heel and a ribbon in my hair and as always a smile on my face!! thanks POP (that ribbon will be FORD BLUE )
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Sounds like it was a great time, and it's super that we pulled in so many new folks who will hopefully be back next year. I'm planning to be back with my Comet next year. I wouldn't want to miss seeing Pop with bells on his heels and ribbons in his hair! :lol: :lol:

Jim