2020 Comet Gathering

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
duncanjl

Re: 2020 Comet Gathering

Post by duncanjl »

POP LOVE TO SEE THE COBRA BUT STILL LIKE TO SEE LITTLE RED DONT KNOW HOW YAW CAN BRING ALL THREE BUT IM SURE YOU CAN FIGURE IT OUT SAY HELLO TO MS GLENDA AND FAMILY. C U LATER JL

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL jl...my plans are to leave the house with the cobra on the trailer,,,after we get into TENN,I;ll drive the cobra for awhile,,it's gonna be so loud and hard on my ears,,,you have to member OL POP will be 72 in may... I know you are a couple of days older,,but my ears have been subject to louder sounds then yours,,,,your a retired dough nut eating cop :shock: .and if I get tired and fed up with the noise,,,I will pull over and load the darn thing back up and ride in the AC,,,,,and hope my left ear straightens itself out before I get there/////////but I plan on driving it into the motel lot....depending on traffic I want to do a burn out in frt of where the tent use to sit as I pull into the motel.THere ain't a comet there that can out do it,this is not your regular old man's cobra !!…..we don't want to bring anything other then the cobra ,,,it's not worth the pull..as it takes so long for us to get there////you just bring the poster child for a 65 comet,,,,,and if you can fit your big ass belly and butt into this cobra seat and still fasten the seat belt harness,,,POP will take you for a ride....but I will slow up for tears or crying...if you ain't got a pair...stay at the motel in your cushy lawn chair sucking on a cold BEER !! I'll be back later !! tell ms Pat hi and we love her..she;s a super person and friend...….GLENDA will not as of right now be coming !!!!!! just me and number one son,DWAYNE….LOOKING FOEWARD TO SEEING YOU !!!!! you and I hit it off from the git go...me and son speak of you often.....
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Well I guess if you must leave little Red at home we will still have plenty to lie about anyway (I MEAN TALK ABOUT ) be careful safe trip and C U THEN ILL TRY TO FIT IN THE SEA T BELT MAY NOT REACH AROUND THIS BEAUTIFUL BODY OF MINE TELL Ms GLENDA WE WILL MISS HER SHE SHOULD JUST LOAD UP AND GET ER DONE IM OUT OF HERE

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

I'm gonna need a job description and a pay plan. :P
Careful your character's showing!

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

The job description is simple......sit around and shoot the bull. :roll: The pay plan is simpler than that. :lol: :lol:

Jim

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Job description see all do all pay plan same as before simple fix U WILL BE GREAT KEV GOT MY VOTE C U N P/F. J L

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

mopar 346 wrote:I'm gonna need a job description and a pay plan. :P
Break it, fix it, break it, add blood, fix it, repeat, put money in big black hole
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:The job description is simple......sit around and shoot the bull. :roll: The pay plan is simpler than that. :lol: :lol:

Jim
kinda like the dress code,,,come as you are,,,drag up a chair and as soon as someone shuts up long enough to take a breath of air ,,you jump in with want you have to say...you do not take a number to speak...and if you don't think your being heard...…...SPEAK LOUDER !!!!!!
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

when this gathering 1st started,for a few times I brought my 64 comet..then came a few times without it,then in "18 ,we brought ol rusty with the fat tires,,didn't get to make it last year,this year if all works out,,will bring my cobra,,I know it's a comet thing so I'll park it to the side,,,,next year I might be lucky enuff to have the 67 s-code GT FASTBACK we bought for GLENDA when she was 18 or 19 yrso,,and I'll park it to the side also :) bottom line is this....you guys are what I come for,,I always bring a sack of hand shakes to pass out....thanks........looking forward to see all of y'all...…POP
pop/glenda

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Well said Pop.
Careful your character's showing!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

LET me give a very good reason to attend the comet GATHERING..a few yrs ago,,COSMIC COMET and his wife JOAN came all the way from HIBBING,MINN..to PF to attend,,brought their comet they built and sold many yrs ago and was found again in CANADA,THEY were blessed to buy it back,,them and us met and made a friendship that will last a life time. so on his way back from GEORGIA yesterday where he and JOAN had left home to buy a 65 comet drag car,,which is super sharp ,,I'll let him tell about it later....they came thru JACKSONVILLE,ARKANSAS ,where POP and GLENDA live,,after getting their motel room,,COSMIC COMET called me,,and I went and picked them up and brought them out to our place for a few hrs,,,great vist ,we went out in the shop and drank a couple of beers and just had a super time !!all of this stems from the gathering....so if anyone has doubts about the distance to attend or even the cost,,,,they are just trying to talk themselves out of coming....you cannot put a PRICE TAG ON FRIENDSHIP's.....so if a person can attend,they owe it to themselves to be there......they stopped in TENN and saw JOHN also....and you don't have to even bring a comet or anything...it's more about the people,,,,comets come in 2nd or maybe 3rd......thank-you......POP
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Guess I need to check in more often if COSMIC was on 75 traveling thru GA he was about 2 miles from me would love to have seen them ITS HARD TO EXPLAIN HOW FRIENDSHIPS ARE MADE IN JUST A WEEKEND OF sitting around talking cars and swapping your stories and experiences WELL TILL NEXT TIME C U LATER. J L

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Guess I need to check in more often if COSMIC was on 75 traveling thru GA he was about 2 miles from me would love to have seen them ITS HARD TO EXPLAIN HOW FRIENDSHIPS ARE MADE IN JUST A WEEKEND OF sitting around talking cars and swapping your stories and experiences WELL TILL NEXT TIME C U LATER. J L

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Fingers are to quick or something double clicked OH WELL READ TWICE DIDNT HURT

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

duncanjl wrote:Guess I need to check in more often if COSMIC was on 75 traveling thru GA he was about 2 miles from me would love to have seen them ITS HARD TO EXPLAIN HOW FRIENDSHIPS ARE MADE IN JUST A WEEKEND OF sitting around talking cars and swapping your stories and experiences WELL TILL NEXT TIME C U LATER. J L
well,my good good doughnut eating buddy....this just proves you stay gone from here to much....in fact I forgot what the L in JL even stands for :? :shock: come to think of it,,forget the J also....oh well...I ain't forgot about Ms PAT!! tell her HI !! see you in a few mo's,,,take care....POP :lol: :lol: 8) 8)
pop/glenda