2020 Comet Gathering

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
lavron
Site Admin

2020 Comet Gathering

Post by lavron »

Thought I would start a new thread for the 2020 Comet Gathering in Pigeon Forge TN (June 5-7).

My plans are to be there, we already got the presidential suite booked so if you were looking to stay in there you are too late :P Still holding on committing the Comet to being there, that is my goal but I will make predictions closer to the date.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Re: 2020 Comet Gathering

Post by Jims65cyclone »

lavron wrote:we already got the presidential suite booked so if you were looking to stay in there you are too late :P
That's the broom closet with a window in the door, right? :lol:

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

you guys are a dollar short.....OLE POP called already last week and got the best broom closet with a window and fresh air duct already in his name......so you fat people will just have to suck it up and sweat !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: POP has a hand shake for each and every one of you........and I'll tell you know.....right now my plans are to bring my COBRA.....POP
pop/glenda

Groover

Post by Groover »

popscomet wrote:and I'll tell you know.....right now my plans are to bring my COBRA.....POP
:)
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I have never been able to attend before. What is the plan. If I arrive late Friday and leave early Sunday will I miss anything? Or should I plan on taking more time down there?
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Groover

Post by Groover »

Most folks do what you describe. Almost everybody is gone Sunday by 9:00 am. Pretty much get up and hit the road.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:I have never been able to attend before. What is the plan. If I arrive late Friday and leave early Sunday will I miss anything? Or should I plan on taking more time down there?
NO SIR!! Saturday,is the main day....POP always get there Thursday evening,,most get there on Friday,,and leave sunday...POP has a hand shake for you as well,,,looking foeward to it...be careful and take care...…..POP
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:I have never been able to attend before. What is the plan.
There really aren't any plans, mostly it is a very casual get together, we sit around and chew the fat and look at the Comets, I am not sure who the "Official" chairperson is now if there such a title :P maybe Kevin?

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

KEVIN would be POP"s pick ………..
pop/glenda

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

popscomet wrote:
Boss/Cyclone wrote:I have never been able to attend before. What is the plan. If I arrive late Friday and leave early Sunday will I miss anything? Or should I plan on taking more time down there?
NO SIR!! Saturday,is the main day....POP always get there Thursday evening,,most get there on Friday,,and leave sunday...POP has a hand shake for you as well,,,looking foeward to it...be careful and take care...…..POP
Been waiting to get that handshake for a long time. Finally should be there this year. Can't wait.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Do I get a vote???? We'll be there good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. I guess if the creek rises I can drive the CJ. We have enjoyed it for years without doing much to help, so if I can be of service I'll gladly help. We'll probably get there Wednesday midday.

Have a great day, Kevin
Careful your character's showing!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

NO you don't get a vote,,,,,you are what we say you are !! :shock: :lol: see ya !! be careful and take care.....POP 8) :lol:
pop/glenda

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

:lol:
Careful your character's showing!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

mopar 346 wrote::lol:
:? :lol: :lol: just don't forget the ones who put you in office...... 8) 8) :lol: :roll: :!: thanks, kevin
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Havent been on here much but have checked in on occasion I agree if we dont have a chair person now KEVIN would be good choice IF nothing comes up PAT and I will be there Thurs with( POPS POSTER CHILD) CU N P/F N JUNE. J L