2020 Comet Gathering Sponsors

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
mopar 346

2020 Comet Gathering Sponsors

Post by mopar 346 »

Good morning all, I just wanted to start a thread to recognize our sponsors for the Gathering. This was a year of challenges and some sponsors stepped up despite knowing there might not be the strongest turn out.

I think any sponsor list should start with Susie and the Mountain Breeze they offer us a great venue year after year, they are always accommodating and just down right nice people. It's a great place to stay for the Gathering or anytime of the year.

National Parts Depot was the first to sign on to help us out this year with good bag and give away items. The do not "officially" offer Comet parts they recognize that many of the parts for our cars share a platform with other Ford products and as a result they stock a considerable amount of restoration parts for Comets. They also understand that Comet people are car people and many own cars other than Comets which they do market to. I have an added advantage of their Florida warehouse being within 3 hours of the house. A year or so ago I had to run down the Sunday before leaving for the Gathering to grab a rebuild kit for the generator for Aunt Lou, worked perfect and put her back in driving shape. I bought an extra kit to go in my carrying parts! Please look at their website to see what they offer.

Summit is supporting us again and I don't want to take what they do for the classic car community lightly by saying again. They have been a sponsor for virtually every show I have been to in the last 30 years. Most all of us and purchased something from them over the years and are familiar with their offerings. They have a great online presents and access to most of the brands we love.

I will add information as other sponsors come through for us and please add anyone ya'll would like to recognize.
Careful your character's showing!

waywillia7404

Re: 2020 Comet Gathering Sponsors

Post by waywillia7404 »

Thanks Kevin. I was also able to get a few things donated from Advance Auto.

Wayne

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

I don’t have any donations but RAGTOP AND RUNNING BOARDS HAS POSTED IN THEIR MONTHLY PAMPHLET EACH YEAR . ON THE OTHER HAND JUST SPOKE WITH SUSIE SHE SAYS MOST EVERYTHING IS OPENING BACK UP THIS WEEKEND STILL USE SOCIAL DISTANCE MOVING TABLES IN RESTAURANTS 6 FOOT APART. HOPE TO SEE A CROWD OF COMETS WE NEED TO SUPPORT MT BREEZE ALSO IM SURE ITS BEEN SLOW DURING THESE TIMES THEY TAKEN GOOD CARE OF US EACH YEAR MY2 cents worth C U N P/ F. J L

waywillia7404

Post by waywillia7404 »

Thanks JL. I was able to get it posted on the South East Wheels Events Calendar of Events. So with The Comet Gathering posted on Facebook, The Comet Central Forum, Ragtop and Running Boards maybe the word will get out that the Gathering is still on. Alone with if everyone will email a copy of the flyer to all your friends hopeful we will have turnout.

Wayne

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

mopar 346 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:39 am
Summit is supporting us again and I don't want to take what they do for the classic car community lightly by saying again. They have been a sponsor for virtually every show I have been to in the last 30 years. Most all of us and purchased something from them over the years and are familiar with their offerings. They have a great online presents and access to most of the brands we love.
Cover of the current Summit catalog:

Jim

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Nice, they sent us a banner but it doesn't have a Comet on it. I'm hoping we can hang it on the pool fence.
Careful your character's showing!