2021 Comet Gathering in Pigeon Forge TN

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
lavron
Site Admin

Re: 2021 Comet Gathering in Pigeon Forge TN

Post by lavron »

I will also put out there if anyone is up this way and needs a place to crash for the night we have a guest house with 2 bedrooms & 2 baths but you would be subjected to non stop talk about the Comet :lol:
See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Tough decision!
Ya, about the room, I'll let you know when I'm in the area!
Always enjoy talking about Sassy :mrgreen:
'Course I'll look at your car too :lol:
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

SASSY wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:44 am
Tough decision!
Ya, about the room, I'll let you know when I'm in the area!
Always enjoy talking about Sassy :mrgreen:
'Course I'll look at your car too :lol:
Fred
You know my car is full of hidden gems :wink:
Mike's build thread

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

We'll all miss you, Mike. :( I was looking forward to seeing this engineering marvel in person that I've been following you birth for the last two years, but I know you have to do what's best for your health. Looking forward to seeing you and your Comet next year, though. :wink: You and Lori are still in my prayers.

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL,,as of right now,,,am leaning toward biteing the bullet,,throwing caution to the wind buying a new girt strap for my saddle and showing up at the gathering,,,,will leave 1st light or just before thursday morning,,,and pray any bridge I cross will have the LORDS HANDS SUPPORTING IT going and coming...see ya'll soon....pop,,,GLENDA is coming with me !!!,,,,,,,,,, :D
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Pops, I'm sure there's a lotta thumbs up after that post!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thank you,FRED,,that was a very kind thing to say,,,,,,pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I wish I had a enclosed trailer, an extra bed or recliner in there would be nice as well :lol:
I hate missing but too many Dr. visits and starting the next round of chemo has me a bit concerned.
I hate not having the Comet there so you could all enjoy that engineering marvel hidden under a lowly 202 sedan body :P And you could all experience the power of 6 inline.. :wink: but maybe next year I can stay out of the hospital and have 3x2s installed and tuned and really impress you all :?
Mike's build thread

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

lavron wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:18 am
but maybe next year I can stay out of the hospital and have 3x2s installed and tuned and really impress you all :?
Mike, you know dang good and well a car can be fun without ending up in a ditch! :lol:
I could pop on some slicks and traction masters, run on the strip but I can't afford to break stuff right now.
Meantime, I drive like PawPaw :wink: Keep on keeping on :D

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Mike, I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion under the tent about your engineering exploits, even if you and your Comet aren't there. It'll just get everyone in a lather to see both of you next year. Keep on keepin' on! :wink:

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:52 pm
Mike, I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion under the tent about your engineering exploits, even if you and your Comet aren't there. It'll just get everyone in a lather to see both of you next year. Keep on keepin' on! :wink:

Jim
I thought there was no more tent !! what is there to be under now??...POP was a no show last year
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JL,,,call POP ,,,I have lost your number......if you can put down the dough nuts long e'nuff.... :!: :shock: every cop car I ever been in was full of stale dough nut crumbs,,,, :D see u at PF !! POP
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I was a no-show, too, last year, but in 2019 the motel had installed a permanent awning structure per town codes. It was smaller than the tent we used to use, so not many could get under it at one time. I thought about bringing my 10x10 pop up awning the next year to set up beside it, but then I didn't come. I plan to bring it this year, and maybe some others can, too. The cops may make us take them down, but its probably easier to ask forgiveness than permission. :roll: What did you all do last year, Mopar?

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thanks ,JIM....IT'S ALWAYS BEEN my motto.....ask for forgiveness.....not permission.....
pop/glenda

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Mike, Sorry you cant be there this year, this is all thanks to you.

Pop, Glad ya'll make it, it'll be great seeing you and we have new grandson to show you.

All, When I was at the hotel a few months ago Susie had applied for the permit for the big tent again and didn't anticipate any issues with having it this year. I think with the reservations she normally had from use it just didn't make financial sense for her to pony up for the tent but this year of course is different. I expect we will have it this year. As Jim mentioned generally the 10X10s are a no-no but as long as Susie doesn't mind the worse they can do is tell us to take them down.

See ya'll all there!
Careful your character's showing!