2021 Comet Gathering in Pigeon Forge TN

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
lavron
Site Admin

Re: 2021 Comet Gathering in Pigeon Forge TN

Post by lavron »

My uncle just confirmed he wants to come with me so looks like a go so far to bring the Comet on the trailer, now to get the windows back in there :roll:

So the wife will stay home this year but you guys will get to meet my uncle, he is a pretty nice guy and he is only like 10 years older than me, he lives way down in Southern MO near Branson so I will go spend the night with them and leave from there on Thursday morning, it is an hour or so closer to PF so we should make it by Thursday evening, calling today to reserve my room hopefully I can get the Presidential Suite again :mrgreen:

Really looking forward to seeing everyone, I will be concentrating on getting my glass installed before then, if I haven't already said so :roll: hopefully we will have an early spring and it warms up well before then and I can get some painting done, looks like I need to get busy and order some rubber.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I called and made my reservations for the Gathering and got the presidential suite, sorry you guys missed that but there should be some lesser rooms available :P I asked them if they could move the mop bucket out this time :P I reserved for Thursday evening June 3 - Saturday night June 5th so leaving early Sunday morning like everyone usually does.

So you guys need to keep me entertained all day Friday and Saturday, but hopefully getting the Comet there I will have enough entertainment blowing the air horn at unexpecting folks and causing permanent hearing loss to them :roll: :shock: ok I probably won't do that :P (yes it is that loud)

Look forward to being there and I am hoping nothing will stop me this year.
I will never make that statement again this early. Because certainly cancer got me this year :( looking forward to the next time we can all get together I hate missing this record breaking year and debuting the Comet :lol:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

I have posted Flier for Gathering on 2 differentCOMET threads and have had great response so far several different folks say they are coming and some already made reservations HOPE TO CU ALL IN P/F N June J L ROLL COMETS

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

I stayed at Mountain Breeze a few nights ago and confirmed they still have the trailer lot for anyone needing to store their trailer. Susie also reported that almost the entire lower floor is booked with Comet folks and working on the upper deck, I wouldn't wait to look to book if you haven't already. I should be there no later than Wednesday so I'll play welcoming committee and help anyone unload that needs the help. I will have to leave early Sunday this year to get back to AJ's dance recital. Hopefully one of the other regulars can see everyone off Sunday. I'll be by myself this year for the first time I think.
Careful your character's showing!

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

mopar 346 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:06 am
I stayed at Mountain Breeze a few nights ago and confirmed they still have the trailer lot for anyone needing to store their trailer.
Is that separate from the motel parking lot? We've always just parked our trailers at the end of the parking lot or on the grass in front of the motel in the past, haven't we? :?

Jim

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

That is right Jim but with the added response of trailers expected Susie has a lot behind the motel to put them WE ARE EXPECTING A RECORD THIS YEAR I HAVE HAD ABOUT 15 new folks that are supposed to be there plus MOPAR and WAYNE have spoken to several that plan to be there ROLL COMETS CUN P/F N JUNE JL

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Hello all. Looking forward to seeing everyone in June.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

duncanjl

Pops Birthday

Post by duncanjl »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my old friend it’s early but you are about to catch meHOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY .Looking forward to seeing you in P/F C U soon have a great day. JL

popscomet

Re: Pops Birthday

Post by popscomet »

duncanjl wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:03 am
HAPPY BIRTHDAY my old friend it’s early but you are about to catch meHOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY .Looking forward to seeing you in P/F C U soon have a great day. JL
today,,is my BD,,,,the 6th....hope to see you soon....thanks POP
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I am still up in the air a little I have at least one appointment set for June right now, even though I want to bring the Comet I don’t think I will have time to get everything ready or ability Loosing 3 months of prep time was bad :? I am doing well enough currently and improving every day. Just started walking with a cane. I have pretty much finished withe the wheel chair and have been using a walker pretty much able to get to the bathroom and take care of business solo now so that would help with traveling :wink: I still have my room reserved so I may be charging a fee for ice and toilet paper :lol:
I will keep everybody updated as the time gets closer
See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Sure hope to see you there, Mike! :D

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP..is leaning toward not coming to the gathering,,,due to the closeing of I40 bridge ,thus having to cross over on the I55 bridge and all the problems that has came up with doing so,,,it is so congested,,,been told it adds a few hours to the trip....I'll wait to the last minute to back out and turn my room in,,,I wasn't going to bring my comet anyway,,it's already a day's trip as it is,,,this bridge problem may be a sign for me to stay at home....but I still have some time to reconsider,,,,,,POP
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Get that thought out of your head it may be a little more time but we will all miss you not being there especially me So saddle up and get down there CUN P/F J L ???

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I have thought long and hard and I relly want to come but I dont think I am quite up to the trip yet :cry: mostly dont think I can sleep in a motel bed, plus I will be starting another round of Chemo that week and my next dr. appointment is June 7, if it was closer and I was just a tad better I would be there, maybe this summer I can make it down to visit Pops if he will let me :roll:
I was saying earlier nothing would keep me away this year, I guess cancer had a different plan :twisted: I am making rapid recovery right now even if the MRI yesterday showed the tumor still there but no bigger than before I started radiation going to use a device called Optune during this next round of chemo, it is a cap like thing I wear that prevents cancer cells from dividing and kills them 8) I think I have to wear it 18 hours a day I hope it works, but I have to shave my head. No big job I guess :lol: what little I have has been coming out from chemo I think I will look more like cousin Fester than Mr. Clean :shock: but I am not vain:? I really appreciate you guys and miss seeing every one ,thanks for the cards, well wishes, and prayers. thnks to all who have donated money, it helps cancer is not cheap to get rid of :twisted: I hope I can get back out to the shed soon and have a little Comet therapy time 8) I will try to post a video if I do.
SeeYa,
Mike
Mike's build thread

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I will call this week and cancel my room, so someone might be able to snap that up :lol:
Mike's build thread