The 2022 Comet Gathering is on!

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
mopar 346

The 2022 Comet Gathering is on!

Post by mopar 346 »

We got here Monday evening so as long as 1 more shows up we will have a Gathering. Last year was our biggest, I have gotten a fair number of calls in the last few months. The count last year is interesting since I have the count at 30-31, Jim said 29 and Ron has pictures of 38 different Comets on the grounds last year, documentation goes to Ron. The hotel is sold out and they claim 49 known Comet reservations, doesn't mean cars but at least participants, not to mention some might not have identified as Comet people. I also know of 2 folks staying at other hotels, not to mention the locals we encounter every year. Susie has the tent being set up today I think, Courtney is working on the shirts, Pugs is finalizing a cruise route and I'm Have to get the trailer parking maps made. We are on and hopefully it will be another record, we can legitimately claim to be the largest Comet only show in the world!
Careful your character's showing!

mopar 346

Re: The 2022 Comet Gathering is on!

Post by mopar 346 »

Jerry out of Tallahassee has arrived with his 66 and the "Welcome Comets" sign is up on the hotel marque, so we officially have a Gathering!

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

As a very long time fan of the Comet I have at present 2 emotions,,
Happiness that the love is being brought together and
Sadness that I will once again miss the event.
Everyone, enjoy the Cometroderey!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Comet is loaded and ready to pull out in the morning. Should be there mid-afternoon. See ya soon.

Jim

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Looking forward to seeing you Jim you can start the picture post. :D Sassy, load up you still got time or just come without the car. I think at this point everyone knows but we enjoy seeing the people as much as the cars so please know you can come without the car if it is more convenient. When folks call to ask about the Gathering I refer to it as a family reunion with cars and I truly believe it has that atmosphere.

As of 4:00 today we had 5 on the ground, not bad for a Wednesday! The tent will be up tomorrow as will the level of bull.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

the level of bull will have to go on this year without OL POP,,,am not up to it this year,,,maybe next year.Hope all has a good ole get down great time....will be keeping up with everyone...HOPE THE GOOD LORD KEEPS ALL IN HIS HANDS,,,,,POP
pop/glenda

Groover

Post by Groover »

Maverick and I will not be able to join this year either, but I love thinking of this event as a "family reunion" with cars. Post lots of photos. And, somebody please tell a few tall tales.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

JimsHot66

Post by JimsHot66 »

I'm envious...this seems like it'll be a great gathering. Too bad commitments and 2,500 miles stand in my way.

Have Fun!!
Jim

loman

Post by loman »

We need Pictures or it isn't really happening. :D

Wish I was there

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

loman wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:03 pm
We need Pictures or it isn't really happening. :D

Wish I was there
Yes!! Pictures! And details.
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Jim, if you aren't toooooo busy having a blast, shuttle me some pics on my phone & I'll post :lol:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

loman

Post by loman »

It's getting late. Any pictures now might be influenced by Pugs's drinking juice. I'm speaking from experience.

loman

Post by loman »

Whose the lucky dog that got the broom closet this year since Pop isn't there?

JimsHot66

Post by JimsHot66 »

loman wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:56 pm
It's getting late. Any pictures now might be influenced by Pugs's drinking juice. I'm speaking from experience.
Maybe... "What happens in Pigeon Forge, stays in Pigeon Forge." :lol:

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

OK guys. Between having too much fun to fool with you, and only having access to an ipad, which I'm a dope on, it took until now to post pics from the gathering. But here goes. We had 22 Comets show up and one 65 Falcon with a blown 260 :shock: . I got pics of 21 of the Comets and the Falcon, but one orange 65 showed up for a little while on Friday, then disappeared before I could snag a pic. But he was there for a little while, so it counts!

Pugs' hood was missing in the shot of his car because the guy who made his teardrop hood and installed it last year was there again, and he applied an image of the Mercury Man under clear fiberglass in the teardrop INSIDE the hood, so when you raise the hood, Mercury is styling his profile back at you! He did it right there with the hood laying in the grass in the shade from the motel sign! And as cool as it was, I didn't get a pic of it. :roll: Maybe Pugs or someone else who did get a pic can post it.

We had cars from the following states:
(2) Alabama
(5) Tennessee
(3) Florida
(3) Missouri
(2) South Carolina
(1) Indiana
(1) Virginia
(3) Georgia
(1) Kentucky
(1) Mississippi
(1) ?????? (The orange one that got away :roll: )
We also had some guys from Texas and Louisiana that I'm aware of that came without their cars. I'm sure there were some others I missed.

All in all, we had a great time. It was rainy on Thursday, misty on Friday morning, but cleared after lunch, and Saturday was BEAUTIFUL! My wife and I met some really neat new folks, and I came home with a lot of new tips and ideas. Made our reservation for next year before we left. Hopefully, some more of you guys can make it next year.